Thread: Sears Craftsman model # 113.298240 table Saw manufacture date?

Sears Craftsman model # 113.298240 table Saw manufacture date?

Hi,

We have an old 10" craftsman 1 hp table saw from my father in law who passed away long ago and were wondering if there is a way to determine the date of manufacture on this?

Thanks.

Have you tried contacting Sears?

Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

No not yet. I do have the serial # too, was wondering if there might be a web site out there somewhere where I could punch in model numbers and sn and maybe the date would come up, I have found several sites like that for other products over the years can't find one yet though.

Yeah I saw that site ken. Was wondering maybe these saws were made over a long period of time though,

Look at OWWM.com and go to the WIKI page. Theres quite a bit of information on Craftsman there.

You may have to match up the saw to the pictures.

I have a 299040 that I bought new in 1976 or 77 when I worked at Sears part tiime as a tool salesman. I just bought a G690 and sold the CM to my BIL. Your saw is likely older given the model sequence.
    Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????

I have the same model. According to the date on the manual it was manufactured in 1984. I have the manual in pdf format if you are interested. Send me a PM and I will email it to you.

Blog Entries
    The 113. indicates it is an Emerson Electric manufactured machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Hazen View Post
    I have the same model. According to the date on the manual it was manufactured in 1984. I have the manual in pdf format if you are interested. Send me a PM and I will email it to you.
    Bingo, its an 80's machine. Not bad little saws. I had one of Emerson's from the previous decade and my dad now runs it with all the after-market fix-ups I added that such a tool may require. They can be made quite serviceable.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 09-03-2010 at 2:02 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler