Thread: No need to register your drone anymore.

No need to register your drone anymore.

Per the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia , The court struck down the FAA’s registration rule, referencing the 2012 FAA Modernization and Reform Act, which was passed by Congress and signed by President Barack Obama. That rule stated that the FAA “may not promulgate any rule or regulation regarding a model aircraft.”
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dro...les-2017-05-19
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

This worries me what with the incidence of drones interfering with fighting wildfires and aircraft, etc. I hope the ruling has these things figured out.

They can still go after those people for interfering with air traffic or fire fighters, they just can't require they have a license to fly.

The problem is, if you don't have to register it, how will they know who owns a derelict drone ?

Simple, shoot them down and see who comes looking for it. Drones are going to be a major problem with privacy.

PVC air gun with a small casting net as ammo is better, it is pretty quite and looks like a plumbers mistake.

Shooting them down is more dangerous then the drone. Privacy concerns noted, but really hobbyist are not going to be a threat to our privacy its big brother we have to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Simple, shoot them down and see who comes looking for it. Drones are going to be a major problem with privacy.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Shooting them down is more dangerous then the drone. Privacy concerns noted, but really hobbyist are not going to be a threat to our privacy its big brother we have to worry about.
    If they have a camera then they are broadcasting a feed that could be intercepted. Big Brother could be watching

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Donley View Post
    FAA “may not promulgate any rule or regulation regarding a model aircraft"
    When I think "model aircraft", I just don't imagine drones fitting in that category (no matter what the official definition is of either.) If a motorized whatever leaves your property, or the airspace above your property for any kind of aircraft, then I don't think requiring a registration is at all unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drew View Post
    When I think "model aircraft", I just don't imagine drones fitting in that category (no matter what the official definition is of either.) If a motorized whatever leaves your property, or the airspace above your property for any kind of aircraft, then I don't think requiring a registration is at all unreasonable.
    Virtually no one flies regular model aircraft on their own property unless they live on multiple acres. I've flown for years and they require a huge space to fly in. Most people fly in public parks or other public land.