Thread: Anyone have any experience with the Ridgid R4512 tablesaw?

Blog Entries

Question Anyone have any experience with the Ridgid R4512 tablesaw?

I plan on buying the Ridgid R4512 table saw, my budget is $500 & I want a new saw, not a used one (I had a bad experience with a used saw that I wound up throwing in the garbage)
    Does anyone have this saw? What do you think of it? Or have a suggestion for a different new saw for the same price?
    Thanks
    Dennis

Dennis, I have the R4511. I'm the biggest difference is that the R4511 has the granite top, and the R4512 has an iron top. I love my R4511, it is a wonderful saw! Of course, didn't hurt that I got it for $299 when HD was clearing them out! There are a few good saws for $500, but I don't think you'd go wrong with the Ridgid.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    I plan on buying the Ridgid R4512 table saw, my budget is $500 & I want a new saw, not a used one (I had a bad experience with a used saw that I wound up throwing in the garbage)
    Does anyone have this saw? What do you think of it? Or have a suggestion for a different new saw for the same price?
    Thanks
    Dennis
    you might check out these 4512 threads over @ the ridgid forum:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ighlight=r4512

i don't have a 4512. but i do have a lowly ridgid ts2412, an entry level ridgid contractor saw from the days when they were made by emerson electric. it has never failed me, once i got all the settings dialed in. i've seen the 4512 in HDs and while it's certainly not a unisaw, it appears to be capable of handling whatever might come it's way. if i didn't already have a TS, i'd give it a try, especially if you can find a HD that honors the harbor freight 20% off any single item coupons that are in many woodworking magazines and popular publications. $400 after the coupon for a 10" CI table saw with 30" rip capacity (and 36" if the rails are slid to the right 6") that is eligible for ridgid's lifetime service agrement (LSA) is a pretty good deal in my book.

Dennis,

I have a Ridgid 3650 Tablesaw, dead on from the factory and has done everything I have ever asked of the machine. The 4512 is a more refined version of the saw. It is a great saw for the price. Hope this helps

Joe

Dennis - I have no hands experience with the R4512 other than poking at it in stores, and browsing online info, but I can tell you that previous Ridgid saws have little to nothing in common with the R4512 other than the nameplate and the retailer, therefore are not valid indicators of the design, quality, or function of the R4512.

In reverse chronological order, the R4511 was made by Steel City/Orion and sported some nice yoke style cabinet mounted trunnions and a granite top, the TS3650/TS3660 were made by TTI/Ryobi, the TS2412, TS2424, and TS3612 were made by Emerson in the US....the 2412 thru 3660 do share many traits and parts in common with the former Emerson made Craftsman saws. The new R4512 is made by Dayton, and has little in common with the other saws other than the standard size table. Craftsman's new 21833 is also made by Dayton and appears to be very similar to the R4512, so information about that saw may also be useful in your research.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer View Post
    Dennis - I have no hands experience with the R4512 other than poking at it in stores, and browsing online info, but I can tell you that previous Ridgid saws have little to nothing in common with the R4512 other than the nameplate and the retailer, therefore are not valid indicators of the design, quality, or function of the R4512.

In reverse chronological order, the R4511 was made by Steel City/Orion and sported some nice yoke style cabinet mounted trunnions and a granite top, the TS3650/TS3660 were made by TTI/Ryobi, the TS2412, TS2424, and TS3612 were made by Emerson in the US....the 2412 thru 3660 do share many traits and parts in common with the former Emerson made Craftsman saws. The new R4512 is made by Dayton, and has little in common with the other saws other than the standard size table. Craftsman's new 21833 is also made by Dayton and appears to be very similar to the R4512, so information about that saw may also be useful in your research.
    I stand corrected then Scott! My assumptions were based purely on looks, my bad!

a buddy of mine took the harbor freight 20% off coupon in to HD and bought one about three weeks ago.... with them honoring the coupon, you cant beat the deal with a stick. It is a great saw. He loves it, and it makes my R4510 portable saw seem sub par.... and it is a great table saw too....

Also watch for the Sears 21833, it's the same saw and I was able to get mine for around $380. The sears prices seem to change very frequently. It's now listed for $599, so maybe I just got lucky.