Thread: New additions to shop (used machines)

New additions to shop (used machines)

Make that "New additions to "the wood" shop.

Saw an ad on CL from a building contractor needing to rid themselves of machines taking up space. Got lucky on this one since it was on may day off. I was the first to arrive, but had to come back after 1PM. Showed up a few minutes early and within a few minutes, a guy pulls up with a small trailer. Quickly went in and waited for the manager to return.

The first one is a Powermatic 1140F Drill Press. It says "made in America" on the motor, but the ID tag says "made in Taiwan". Manufactured 92/04.
    Paid $120
    P6241232.jpg

The next machine I was actually only thinking about buying to replace the HF el-cheapo version. It's an American-made 14" Delta band saw. This was the machine the other guy wanted, but since I was first in line, I was the lucky new owner.
    Paid$150
    P6241235.jpg
    P6241233.jpg
    This next machine was purchased a few months ago from a guy liquidating his bed-ridden friend's wood shop. If you can't tell by the pic, It's a Grizzly Oscillating Spindle sander
    Paid $325
    P6241229.jpg

And last up is a Performax 16/32 drum sander. Needed a new conveyor belt
    Paid $400. new belt $98.00
    P6241228.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pics.

Ed
    Last edited by Ed Bamba; 06-24-2009 at 2:44 PM.

If I had that kind of luck, my friends would accuse me of legal thievery, GOOD SCORE, Congratulations.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

I hope you stopped and bought a Lottery Ticket also! Nice finds for sure.
    I want to create love in my woodworking with a love for woodworking.

Thanks guys. The Builder also had a Powermatic Cabinet saw (same gold color as the DP) that appeared to be of 3 phase variety. Are you sitting down----he was asking $350 for it, and it came with a Biesemeyer fence too. Unfortunately for me, I don't have 220V service, nor a phase converter. Now that would have been a steal. I'll tell you what though, If I had a way of getting it onto and off my truck, it would be sitting in the shop taking up as much floor space as it wanted to.

Yeah, I recently sold my similar Delta Bandsaw for $300 on CL. It took me a few weeks, but if you're patient you can sell just about anything for a fair price.

All of those tools you got, you can MAKE money off them if you want to sell them in the future.

Very fortunate for you though it's a shame people have to sell their goods for charity prices when the times get rough.

Wow what a gloat, you officially suck!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Looks like you "Hit The Jackpot" there in Vegas!!..........

NICE Score!
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tsutsui View Post
    Yeah, I recently sold my similar Delta Bandsaw for $300 on CL. It took me a few weeks, but if you're patient you can sell just about anything for a fair price.
    That was still a decent asking price.

All of those tools you got, you can MAKE money off them if you want to sell them in the future.
    The way people here price some of their machines, I probably could. Not my intention right now though, but will keep that in mind. I do have the HF B/S listed on CL right now; so far only one response and am waiting for him to reply back.

Very fortunate for you though it's a shame people have to sell their goods for charity prices when the times get rough.

But they can rest assured that their goods will be well taken care of. If I had to sell off my stuff, I would hope the new owners will do the same.
    To all, thanks for looking and for not busting my chops on the anti-gloat (the PM cabinet saw)

Wow, amazing take assuming everything is an least fair order. (Which it appears to be). I admit it, I'm jealous. I just got property to start my shop and would love some luck like that. Congrats.