Thread: G0701 19" Ultimate Bandsaw - has anyone seen/used one?

G0701 19" Ultimate Bandsaw - has anyone seen/used one?

I noticed this new "Ultimate" 19" bandsaw on the Grizzly site, it looks like the G0636 17" one sized up to compete with the MM20 or other 20" bandsaws. However, the Grizzly site doesn't say too much about it, and I can't believe that a forum search and google search give NO results for this bandsaw! I'd say everything Shiraz has posted here on the G0636 most likely applies to this new saw if indeed it's the Grizzly 20" euro-competitor as it appears.

There are a hundred threads talking about the G0514x2, the G0636 vs. MM16 or Laguna, etc., but no one has even mentioned this new Uber-saw from Grizzly?

SOMEONE out there must know something
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Couldn't even find any valid reviews on Google in the first 8 pages, all just re-links to the Griz page. However I did see price quotes of $2295 from last Nov pages, though now it's about $2900 in the catalog. Anyone?
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Quote Originally Posted by Dave MacArthur View Post
    Couldn't even find any valid reviews on Google in the first 8 pages, all just re-links to the Griz page. However I did see price quotes of $2295 from last Nov pages, though now it's about $2900 in the catalog. Anyone?

I am currently looking at this size/level price point of BS, I will be getting a 18 or 20 from one of the "big" three or Grizzly but I have been able to get my hands on the Laguna, Minimax and Aggazani since I have friends with them but not the Griz. If I had to buy today it would probably be the LT18, with free shipping and free blades (the Resaw King is the only one worth and real value to me, the other free blades are a non-issue) it is 3350 and I prefer the Laguna guides. That all said I am hopeing the G0701 makes it to IWF this summer so I have a chance to look over it. It will be hard to sway me from a saw built by ACM with a Taiwan built saw but I will give it a chance.

Dave,

If that's the kind of money they want for a new 19" Grizzly, I'd probably at least explore the used machinery market in the hopes of finding something as good or better for less.

That's not a bad size, though; I had an 18" Oliver and it did everything I needed in a professional furniture shop; in a perfect world I would have loved finding a 24" Tannewitz, in perfect condition. And at a great price .

There was a short video online from a woodworking show, that I found last Nov. (at the time that saw wasn't in their catalog so I thought it was the 17"). If it is anything like the 636 it must be a pretty nice saw, I think it was Popular woodworking that listed it as one of the ten best tools of the year, and they loved it, said thae blade tracked better than any other bandsaw they had tested. Saw the article about a week after I purchased a Laguna 16HD
    Greg

Looking over the catalog blurb, the Grizzly does seem to be a pretty serious machine. I'd love to read a road test report.

I'll write the review

I volunteer to take delivery of the new Grizzly 19 inch bandsaw for a free trial and will give you all the writeup that you so deserve. Mr Grizzly if you are watching this thread, my offer is a serious one!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drew View Post
    Looking over the catalog blurb, the Grizzly does seem to be a pretty serious machine. I'd love to read a road test report.

I can't remember a shoot out of the serious 18" and above bandsaws. I would love to see a comparison by one of the mags of the Laguna, Agazzani, Minimax and the Grizzly in the 18-20" range. My guess the final results would have the Grizzly as the best buy and the Agazzani or maybe the Laguna as the best.

I've seen the video from the recent wood show, looks good, but it's more of a "color reporter" thing vs. a serious rundown of the saw. Still hoping to see a writeup from someone who owns one.

I'll be honest, I've been looking at Grizzly band saws now for 2 years, and every time I decide "THAT's the ONE!", they come out with an improvement or better saw! First I liked the 513, then the 513x, then the 514, then the 514X, then the 514x2.. I thought I was done, just waiting to clear out my 2nd table saw and make room when BAM the G0636 shows up! It took almost a year before I saw a magazine review on it head to head with it's competition, where it did great.

Now this 19" Ultimate saw is in the lineup, I have to figure it's the same as the 17" but just sized up from the specs. It puts me squarely in the region of the MM16, Agazzani, Laguna for price. And unlike some folks I see posting, my going in stance is this: yes the saw looks great, but not only that but the COMPANY looks great. I'm so hand's down a Grizzly fan just from reading again and again the great customer service, and more than that the unbelievably fantastic attitude from the top. I read so much complaining about companies and the decline of the Great Tool Company of Yesterday, that when I see an act like Mr. Balolia and Grizzly... well, I just WANT to support that company, plain and simple. And that G0701 looks like a great saw for my upcoming retirement.

Anyone owning one or with a link to a good comparison review, still looking for a G0701 vs. Agazzani/Laguna/MM rundown as I approach my purchase.
    Thanks!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Archambeau View Post
    I volunteer to take delivery of the new Grizzly 19 inch bandsaw for a free trial and will give you all the writeup that you so deserve. Mr Grizzly if you are watching this thread, my offer is a serious one!
    I'll get it right out. Take a deep breath

This is one serious saw and the G0636's bigger brother, meant to compete head to head with any high quality European saw. Very nice machine that is not for everyone, but if you have the money, this is it. Take my word for it - you will not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Archambeau View Post

I don't think we would get a comprehensive review from just one person, I'll volunteer for a second saw and write a review independant of Mike's!!!

Blog Entries
    I am currently looking at this size/level price point of BS, I will be getting a 18 or 20 from one of the "big" three or Grizzly but I have been able to get my hands on the Laguna, Minimax and Aggazani since I have friends with them but not the Griz.
    Felder just came out with a 20" saw for an introductory price under $3k. It may be worth adding to your list...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Portland View Post
    Felder just came out with a 20" saw for an introductory price under $3k. It may be worth adding to your list...

Thats the saw that REALLY has my attention!