Thread: Table Saw Wing Router Table?

Table Saw Wing Router Table?

Ok, I have the G1023 with the normal 30" fence rail. I would like to put a router table to the right of the cast iron extension wing and I am looking for pictures or others who have done this. I don't have the room to go with a 50" fence rail in my shop currently, so I can really only go to the end of the current fence rail or a little past. I am thinking of using 2 layers of 3/4 MDF with laminate on both sides for the table edged with birch or maple and probably a rockler insert for the router (M12V). Any insights on best ways to attach to the table saw? only to fence rails, fence rails and extension wing? I am also thinking that I should enclose the router in a box with a dust collection port? Or can I get most of the dust from the router fence?

Thanks,

dan

Dan, I am new here and I am unclear as to how I post photos...please feel free to e-mail me so that i can forward some photos to you on my set up. I have a unisaw(..it does have 52 inch rails) i installed a plate on the right wing.....very easy to do and works great. I made a fence that slips over top of the Biesmeyer on my saw....complete with adjustable face.

DonnieR

my email is:

Dan at wreck-finder dot com.

Thanks,

-dan

http://www.woodshopdemos.com/sstat-4.htm

This is just the tip of the iceberg...go through John's site thoroughly...you will love it.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Smith
    my email is:

Dan at wreck-finder dot com.

Thanks,

-dan
    Dan...sorry I did not get those photos to you yet......I left my camera at the office today..and the office is 30 miles away. Will send them over monday...

DonnieR

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Raines
    Dan, I am new here and I am unclear as to how I post photos...please feel free to e-mail me so that i can forward some photos to you on my set up. I have a unisaw(..it does have 52 inch rails) i installed a plate on the right wing.....very easy to do and works great. I made a fence that slips over top of the Biesmeyer on my saw....complete with adjustable face.

DonnieR

Donnie, I clicked on your site but I couldn't get it to come up. Is there another way to get on it? I would really like to see what you did because I'm thinking to doing something similar.

DK

Quote Originally Posted by David Klug
    Donnie, I clicked on your site but I couldn't get it to come up. Is there another way to get on it? I would really like to see what you did because I'm thinking to doing something similar.

DK
    David, sorry about the site issue.....I am trying to figure that one out. Also, please feel free to e-mail me...I will be taking photos of the set up and I will forward them off on Monday.

DonnieR

Dan - Here is my G1023sl with a Rockler router table on the right side. I have the same space issues you do and this has worked well for me. As you can see, I did not install the right cast iron wing.

Waymon...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Waymon, I like your setup and I'm thinking of doing something similar. What I'm wondering about is how did you fasten the router table to the saw?

DK

I drilled some 3/16" holes in the TS rails and thru the router table support structure (its made from 1x3 oak), and fastened with hex head bolts and washers. Works great.

Waymon...