Thread: HTC Machine Covers

HTC Machine Covers

I recently got my small bandsaw out of storage and have it set-up again. I dont use this saw much and would like to cover it. Its the common 14" Delta cast iron style. The only covers I see are the ones from HTC. Are there other covers available, or does anyone recommend these HTC covers? What do you use to cover a machine? Thanks.

I use wool blankets from HF, you can get them for 1/2 price sometimes too!

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92625
    Last edited by Ken Deckelman; 03-04-2008 at 5:32 PM.

I've got a couple of them and think they're worthwhile. I can tell a difference in how soon I need to use steel wool & WD40 to clean off light corrosion when I dont keep them covered. For the BS I'd recommend getting bigger than just your table size though. There's no slot to run the blade through the cover so you'll have to wrap the cover around the blade.
    Use the fence Luke

Rob Will Guest
    I went to a local automotive trim shop and they made me a custom cover for my milling machine. I have a tall ceiling and the cover is on a pulley system suspended from the cieling. Window sash cord raises and lowers the cover. Tied off on a nearby wall.

Rob

The HTC covers work well. I use them to cover my tools and use a heavy coat of Boeshield and I don't have near the rust problems that I use to have. Springtime as the ground is thawing and the temperatures warm I have a very humid garage and use to have rust problems. My tablesaw would rerust with 24 hours of cleanup, even if I put on a heavy coat of Boeshield. Since using HTC covers I haven't had rust issues in the spring.

Blog Entries
    I was looking at some the other day while at Rockler with LOML. I came home last night and she had cut up a canvas drop cloth and sewn up these for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I was looking at some the other day while at Rockler with LOML. I came home last night and she had cut up a canvas drop cloth and sewn up these for me.
    Do you think she would make me one?

Seriously, if she takes orders I would take one for my jointer. It is close enought to the shop door that the occasional drip may land on it when the door is up.