Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's here!

could use a spare lens holder or two to play with - pity they use GSP the shipping cost is over a third of the cost of the holder, then add duty & VAT
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition

Thanks for the info! I have a 1.5" lens that I got with it due to the high-res graphics I mark on an, anodized aluminum, so I'm using it to cut .062 acrylic as well, fortunately I put on the small aperture cone guessing that was the right one.

The lens that came with it is from http://www.iiviinfrared.com/ Search ebay for the holder - just make sure it's the right one, there were two on there the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Winter View Post
    You'll move the placement of the lens up or down depending on the lense size too.
    What do you mean Keith? Do you mean the lens is mounted in a different place?

Yes Gary, the 1.5 lens goes at the bottom and the 2" and above go at the top. When you unscrew the red tube that holds the lens in, the 1.5" lens is located at the bottom of the tube. With the 2" and above, you take that red tube out, flip it around, and screw that into the bottom, and then lens is mounted and tightened on top of the red tube.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thanks Steve. My Explorer has the lenses mounted all the same way so I assumed this would be the same - you know what happens when you assume...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Thanks Steve. My Explorer has the lenses mounted all the same way so I assumed this would be the same - you know what happens when you assume...
    In this case, when you assume, you'll put the lens in upside down Not the end of the world, but enough to ruin a customers piece of material.
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

The red one is the 1.5" that came with it, the silver one is the one I bought on ebay. Does the lens go in the same way in both? If I'm looking at the side with the notches where it is glued, would that be the curved side for both?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Take a look at these and let me know if that explains it.

IMG_1487.jpegIMG_1488.jpegIMG_1490.jpegIMG_1491.jpegIMG_1492.jpeg

Those two go on opposite ends of that red tube. Unscrew the red tube and flip it around and it'll screw into the bottom instead of the top, then you can hold the lens above the tube in place.

That looks more or less like mine, but if I turn that tube upside down it will put the lens so high that the cone would be well below 2". I'll take a couple of pics in a bit. When you are focused, how far is the nose cone above the surface?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Take a look at these and let me know if that explains it.

IMG_1487.jpegIMG_1488.jpegIMG_1490.jpegIMG_1491.jpegIMG_1492.jpeg

Those two go on opposite ends of that red tube. Unscrew the red tube and flip it around and it'll screw into the bottom instead of the top, then you can hold the lens above the tube in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    That looks more or less like mine, but if I turn that tube upside down it will put the lens so high that the cone would be well below 2". I'll take a couple of pics in a bit. When you are focused, how far is the nose cone above the surface?
    Oh, 1/4" maybe. Maybe a little more. It might be different on the 400, but I don't think it is. I'll look around a little and see if I can find a photo of it online and report back.

I can't tell Gary. I only see the 1.5 lens installed in everything online that's not a flexx. The manual for the 400 only shows the 1.5 installed, and doesn't show the switching around either.

Someone with a 400 is going to have to take it from here.

What focal length is the silver one you mention? If it's 2“ then you definitely won't be running it top slot. My 2.5“ is in the top and doesn't have much clearance. Either bottom or I believe the 2“ from Trotec uses a special in between mount, but I have a 2.5“ so I cannot be sure. I'm 98‰ sure we're running our 2.5“ in the top slot. Your 1.5“ is probably running in the bottom slot.