Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lighting suggestions for built in

John...what's kind of confusing is it woudl seem like you'd see voltage drop depending on the way you route these -- i.e. if i did it like picture 2 you'd almost thing the intensity would fade as i got toward the end vs. when they are run in parallel that wouldn't be the case. that said maybe the wiring on the strip takes care of that. Also i guess there's no need to terminate the end of a strip
    Bob C

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cooper View Post
    So Phil...that's just one puck per shelf? sitting there in the middle. if i don't use tape LEDs that clearly another option. i'm curious how you concealed the wires running from the puck back to the transformer.
    I’ve done shelves with luck lights and just drilled a hole from the back edge of the shelf through to the puck hole. 3/4” shelf no problem.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jenkins View Post
    I’ve done shelves with luck lights and just drilled a hole from the back edge of the shelf through to the puck hole. 3/4” shelf no problem.
    This: I cut the modular plugs off the ends of the pre-made cables to reduce the size of the hole needed: you just need an opening big enough for the OD of the wire itself. Once through, re-connect the plugs/sockets. Run the cable down the back (exterior) of the cabinet to your power supply.

Bob, we're not talking about a lot of current draw from these LEDs so voltage drops when you wire them in series, for instance, is negligible. You just need to make sure the power supply you get has a high enough current rating, plus about 20%, for the number of LEDs you are connecting to.