Thread: Nakashima Video(s)

Nakashima Video(s)

The folks at Nakashima Studios recently started a YouTube channel that is quite interesting. The latest video features a great look at the craftspeople who are the makers and the process. There are also looks into many of the buildings on the campus (that i've been fortunate to tour as many are not open to the public often) and a nice appearance by my friends John and Morgan at Bucks County Hardwoods early in the video. Great dialog here for sure and the focus on the material and attention to detail by hand. Here's the video if you are interested.

Last edited by Jim Becker; 11-30-2023 at 1:22 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim, these bting back memories of being there many times.

Thanks Jim, I'll look forward to watching over the weekend.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

When I was watching this, I was surprised to learn that Kevin passed away in 2020. I had not heard that previously. I met both he and Mira a number of years ago during a fundraiser event for the Michener Museum as they conducted a comprehensive tour and box lunch talk. I'm glad that they are preserving the treasure trove of history in the original house...he apparently had been living there...so such amazing information in that space in drawers and other containers.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Neat-O Jim! Thanks. PBS is getting tired of me re-watching all of the old Antiques Road Show episodes featuring Mr. Nakashima's work (which is as close as I will ever get).