Thread: WTB: wood machining services Richmond - Williamsburg area

WTB: wood machining services Richmond - Williamsburg area

Howdy -

I've been fortunate here in Atlanta that, after relo to condo and sale of shop machines, I found an excellent guy to create project-ready stock out of my rough lumber.

Will be moving, with my collection of hand-tools, from Atlanta to Providence Forge VA in August time frame.

Tossing some bait into the waters here, to see if anyone in that general area has the equipment and interest to make some money to give to Lie-Nielsen, et. al.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Looks like we will be neighbors. Be more specific about your needs and I can probably help you find someone in the area. I even have a close friend who machines logs so you can get just about any services you need real close to Williamsburg.

Great!

Pretty basic stuff. Take roughsawn hardwood lumber and turn it into S4S with most would being to specified lengths/widths out of the bulk sticks.

Like, take some 4/4 x 8" - 96" walnut and turn it into a cut list of S4S parts for my next frame and panel bedside cabinet. What I used to do with my TS, planer, jointer, cutoff/miter saw, and dust collector.

Maybe at some point I'd be looking for resawing to veneer and drum sand to thickness, but that won't be anytime soon

We can deal with this on PM - again, won't be there until mid-August, and then will have to get the shop and tools sorted

Thanks, Keith.

Regards
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.