I thought that it would be a nice idea to pass along a good find that I ran across.

Lowes is closing out its Utilitech 0778115 four foot LED bulbs. These are "plug and play" if you have a T8 ballast. But they are a hybrid so they also are designed to work with the ballast being bypassed. They are on close-out sale price of $3.99 a bulb. I emptied out my local Lowes store. They are the equivalent of 32 watt bulbs but only draw 18 watts. When I replaced the first group in my kitchen the room was noticeably brighter. Lots brighter. Perhaps it is because the fluorescents were old and perhaps putting out less light. But I am really pleased.

I am converting over all of the fixtures in my shop. I prefer to not bother having an un-needed ballast drawing power. Plus my fluorescent ballasts were for T12 and weren't compatible.

Be aware that they also sell these bulbs in 2 pack and 4 packs. But they are electrically different and are only made for "plug and play". That is, you need a T8 ballast. So make sure that you get the bulbs that are individually packed with the part number I posted above.

If your local store doesn't have them on the shelf, consider ordering them on-line and just pick them up locally. I'm not endorsing this product or promoting Lowes, but am just passing along what I think is a good deal. At least it was for me.