Thread: Bandsaw Blade Gave Good Service

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm one who has never had a good experience with TimberWolf blades. I never found them to be particularly sharp, which then required more feed pressure, just not for me.

Currently (for green wood processing) I've been using Supercut blades. No one else can touch them for price and they last as long as more expensive blades I've tried. YMMV of course.
    JMO

Years ago, FWW ran an article "The Little Blade That Could." It was a 1/4", 6TPI, hook pattern, 0.025 bi-metal blade. Ran one for 14 years cutting out Toy's for Tot's car bodies.

My understanding is that just like a well done glue join will be stronger than the wood it is glued to, same is true for welds - a properly done weld should be stronger than the metal that is being welded. Like most things, there are some exception (an exceptionally strong/tough steel), but saw blades have certain required characteristics (need to be able to bend in the case of bandsaw blades). So probably not too surprising that the breaks are not happening where it was welded.