Thread: Whiteside Saw blades

Whiteside Saw blades

Anyone have experience with Whiteside tablesaw blades.

I have the glue line rip blade and quite like it.

I originally purchased it because it was the only full kerf glue line rip blade I could find anywhere that did not have anti-kickback shoulders which are discouraged with a sawstop. I have been pleased with how it has performed and held an edge thus far.

thanks I have been looking at that blade it's time to replace a couple of my blades. I am not familiar with "anti-kickback shoulder" features. I'll have to look that up. Why does sawstop discourage them?

Why does sawstop discourage them?

My guess would be that the feature intrinsically limits the depth the saw can plunge within a given number of teeth.
    Hence, inhibiting the rate of saw deceleration & extending the amount of time it can still be cutting (flesh).

smt

Here is a photo that does a better job explaining than I can. There is a lot of debate online about whether or not the potential increase in stopping time is significant. Given the number of Sawstops out there, and the number of people running the diablo combo blades which have very prominent anti-kickback shoulders I have to imagine if it was a huge difference in saftey it would be well-known by now.

But I came to the conclusion that I spent extra for the Sawstop saftey feature so I might as well spend marginally more to have blades the manufacturer says are 100% compatitable. But, it was rather hard to find a glue line rip blade in full-kerf width which fit that criteria. I found the Whiteside blade for that reason originally, but have found it to prerform very well. Rips are indeed glue ready off the blade.

Thank you for the picture that clarfied it for me. It looks kind of like a riving knife?

So the particular flavor of kickback prevented goes like this; the workpiece gets up off the table a little and is sucked back down which engages more teeth and boom, it's outta there.