Thread: My first (and probably last) drink from the green well

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mike

Hopefully when you get it back it works properly. It sounds as if it never was working correctly.
    There is an element of truth to the extension cord part of your rant, but it's not just as simple as the tech rep was detailing. If an extension cord is undersized, awg
    , or too long, it's amapacity ability to carry current, is diminished. and the apparent voltage at the end of the extension cord will be less than the beginning. Translation the device being used, your saw, could potentially see a lower voltage, and higher current, to operate. You would have had to have a pretty light duty extension cord for this t have had an effect.
    That being said, I still think something was wrong with your TS55 from the beginning. I had my TS75 plugged into a 100', 10awg, extension cord to cut panels and 2x10's for a run in shed for horses in the paddock and it never caused me any problems. We were out there for a couple of days. ( I don't buy my tools to baby them. They can see some extremes during use.)

As I said, I hope everything works better when you get it back. Tools break, even the best of them.

I do like the 4' cut limit part of the story. I'll have to use it on my wife.

Cut 4', have a beer.
    Cut 4', have a beer.
    "But honey, that's what they said I was supposed to do"
    Last edited by Mike Cutler; 09-28-2017 at 10:18 AM.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)