Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone using something better than Outlook for mail???

I've used Pegasus Mail for the last 12 years. I love it for the filtering capabilities because there are so many ways to filter and manage e-mail with it. With the filters setup correctly I don't have to read through junk mail, and my wanted mail arrives in my In Box.

I use Pegasus to sort my mail, sort my folders, color code my incoming mail based on what it is, and sooooo much more.

For example, if I let my legit mail accumulate in my In Box I simply make a few clicks and a filter sorts the mail and deposits it into mail folders with the names of the various senders. This is handy when I have a gazillion accumulated emails from Jim, Joan, Nancy, George, Greg, Julie, etc. A few clicks and I can file 5 different people, or 50 different people. Or I can set it to file them automatically each time I close the New Mail folder.

Lets say that I've created a Sketchup file I'm willing to share with folks. To receive the file I instruct them to send me an email with Send Sketchup File in the subject line. When an e-mail comes in with Send Sketchup File as the subject, Pegasus Mail processes that message, creates a reply with the file attached and sends it, then files the incoming and outgoing emails into a specifed folder. This is done with no intervention by me.

And it does lots more......
    Don

I do everything on Gmail now, but I have it set up to use my own domain name rather than gmail.com, so it doesn't look generic to others.

It does scare me a little to be beholden to Google, but their products work better than anything else I know.

I just checked and Gmail is still "beta". After all these years, what could that mean? Will it ever be official? Could they tell us that it's now ready for final release, please pay up so you will have access to your archives? A little frightening.
    Last edited by John Schreiber; 01-01-2009 at 6:04 PM.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate