Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power tools in the Kitchen?

Sounds like something McGeyver would do.

I just love that! Way to adapt, improvise and overcome! Did you consider the drill press? Doesn't have the orbital action like a good stand mixer but it has pretty good torque and adjustable speed!

Oh, those fancy micro plane cheese graters that are so popular now in cooking stores started when a women broke her regular cheese greater and borrowed her wood worker husband's micro plane file to shred some parmesan! Figured if they could handle walnut and oak they could handle cheese too. She loved it, he marketed it, now its a must have. Perhaps Makita will soon offer a custom mixing paddle with a 1/4" hex shank for quick change and clean up.

Am I the only one that caught he's wearing different shirts in the two pictures, Apparently he Really needed to see how fast he could mix......................

Quote Originally Posted by eric auer View Post
    Am I the only one that caught he's wearing different shirts in the two pictures, Apparently he Really needed to see how fast he could mix......................
    Good eye! Hehehehehehe
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Just purchased a 10.8V Makita LiIon and I must say, it already looks and feels like a kitchen tool (only nicer)...now some entrepreneur just needs to make hex-shank kitchen accessories!

I have cut casts off of my legs with a Fein sander. Never thought of mixing dough though.......

Hmmm.... A new garbage can and a drywall mixer in the drill press.......

LMAO

7. Uh, huh...

(with a really bad Irish accent), "Aye, MANLY, but I like it, too."

Just wait 'til she finds out you've been using the cookie jar as a place to store your Bungee cords.

Ha! Had to laugh at that one, and I can guarantee that you'll get a pretty big laugh out of any female you show that to.

Clearly intended for a laugh, but as someone that does do all of his own cooking, there's a couple of things I'll suggest that'll make your life so much easier the next time you have the Jones for peanut butter cookies:

1) Never attempt to mix butter straight from the refrigerator into anything. If you think about it, take the butter out the night before and leave it on the counter. It won't spoil, and it softens up enough to be mixable. However, failing this (and I have to admit I rarely think about it the night before), a microwave will soften a stick of butter to near liquid in about 15-30 seconds. It heats much faster than water, so don't go over this - it'll explode violently (also probably highly entertaining in pictures).

2) You don't have to roll cookie dough into little dingleberries to make decently shaped cookies - the heat from the oven will spread them out. Just use a tablespoon and another spoon to remove the muck from the first spoon.

3) Finally (and the most important part of this reply) - Buy your wife or yourself a KitchenAid mixer. They've enough power to mix concrete (or to constantly stir shellac until it's dissolved - don't ask me how I know this!)

Many years ago, my sister came home to find her boyfriend at the time using a drill to whip a meringue for lemon meringue pie in a 5 gallon pail. She thought no man would do that for anything but his favorite pie, so for 30 years, we had lemon meringue pie at every holiday dinner.

A couple of years ago at one of those holiday dinners, this man says that apple pie has always been his favorite, and he just had a craving that day.

I'm just saying that if peanut butter cookies aren't your very favorite cookies, don't wait 30 years to tell everyone.