Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Brand New Year

A Brand New Year

In my effort to have a more positive outlook in 2009 I'm trying to see the bright side of everything. My weight loss efforts are going swimmingly, I've only gained two pounds. At least is isn't five. We're having a beautiful day today, topping out at 77 with lots of sun. I'm healthy, not wealthy but doing alright, and striving frantically for wise. There's just one little thing that is really hanging me up. There's a big game Thursday night and I'm going to have to be a Gator's fan. (EEEEEEK!) I'm really trying to see the silver lining on this, and the only thing I can come up with is the possibility that the Gators will win. I thought about watching the game without choosing a team but I believe that to be impossible for me. I guess I'll just chalk this up as the year I did the unthinkable, and cheered for the Gators.

How are you doing with your resolutions?

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

No resolutions, here, Belinda, but I always try to be positive. That's been somewhat hard sometimes with the way the economy has altered many landscapes, both at work and beyond. But I think that 2009 will continue to be "interesting" and hopefully, be rewarding in many ways, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I understand your problem Belinda, I couldn't even hold my nose and cheer for the Gator's.

Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!
    Friendship is the one bright light, that keeps on burning day and night.

I am back working, so I can't complain too much, home on the weekends.

Blog Entries
    Belinda
    Look at the brighter side!!! You could be from Michigan and be forced to root for the Lions. Oh Yeah we acheived something this year. A Record 0 wins
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    In my effort to have a more positive outlook in 2009 I'm trying to see the bright side of everything. My weight loss efforts are going swimmingly, I've only gained two pounds. At least is isn't five. We're having a beautiful day today, topping out at 77 with lots of sun. I'm healthy, not wealthy but doing alright, and striving frantically for wise. There's just one little thing that is really hanging me up. There's a big game Thursday night and I'm going to have to be a Gator's fan. (EEEEEEK!) I'm really trying to see the silver lining on this, and the only thing I can come up with is the possibility that the Gators will win. I thought about watching the game without choosing a team but I believe that to be impossible for me. I guess I'll just chalk this up as the year I did the unthinkable, and cheered for the Gators.

How are you doing with your resolutions?
    Happy New Year Belinda !!!

I am looking forward to this thursday !!! ( I was glad to see ga do pretty good in their bowl game ) .......

Have a Great New Year !!!

I too am from Michigan and agree with Dave. The Lions did the impossible. I am sure that folks didn't thing that they could accomplish such a feat.
    Gators? Are those scaly things that haunt the Southern swamps and eat folks?
    David B

How's it going?

Five days in and:

1. Nice weather here, too. High 77 (mph wind speed), balmy 22F now.

2. LOML isn't speaking to me for imagined sins - I should apologize anyway just to get it over with but I'm enjoying the peace and quiet (kidding, kidding).

3. Stocks down - big surprise.

4. New car in body shop after hitting coyote on freeway. Previous car totalled last July when we hit a wild horse on Navajo Nation land in eastern AZ. Luckily noone was hurt but PETA is picketing my house and my own dogs are looking at me funny.

5. I found any pounds Belinda lost.

6. My alma mater just finished blowing another bowl game (to Texas) so they better send ME a check next time the alumni letter comes out.

BUT:

7. My 87 y.o. mother went to the oncologist today and the prognosis is quite a bit better than we originally feared so I'd have to say:

It's going fine

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Franz View Post
    Five days in and:

1. Nice weather here, too. High 77 (mph wind speed), balmy 22F now.
    2. LOML isn't speaking to me for imagined sins - I should apologize anyway just to get it over with but I'm enjoying the peace and quiet (kidding, kidding).
    3. Stocks down - big surprise.

4. New car in body shop after hitting coyote on freeway. Previous car totalled last July when we hit a wild horse on Navajo Nation land in eastern AZ. Luckily noone was hurt but PETA is picketing my house and my own dogs are looking at me funny.

5. I found any pounds Belinda lost.

6. My alma mater just finished blowing another bowl game (to Texas) so they better send ME a check next time the alumni letter comes out.

BUT:

7. My 87 y.o. mother went to the oncologist today and the prognosis is quite a bit better than we originally feared so I'd have to say:

It's going fine
    2. Just apologize.

4. Defensive driving course in your near future? (kidding)

7. Great news!

Glad things are going fine!

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    Gators? Are those scaly things that haunt the Southern swamps and eat folks?
    Well David, those would be the nice Gators. The OTHER Gators are mean and nasty and eat sweet little Bulldogs for breakfast. I like the scaly gators, they make nice boots! So far I haven't found anyone that will make a pair of boots for me out of the football playing variety!

Bella Terra

Belinda,
    If you really want boots made form the mean nasty football playing variety I am quite sure that the owners of the Lions will be happy to oblige. The boots will be warm and comfy because they will be lined with fur and topped with mane.
    David B

Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    I The Lions did the impossible. I am sure that folks didn't thing that they could accomplish such a feat.
    Hey, not many pro sports teams get to have a perfect season, you know...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Well David, those would be the nice Gators. The OTHER Gators are mean and nasty and eat sweet little Bulldogs for breakfast. I like the scaly gators, they make nice boots! So far I haven't found anyone that will make a pair of boots for me out of the football playing variety!
    Would you really want to be that close to the football playing variety? Personally, I'll pass on that one
    Are you getting something out of your time here? You are? Great...then now's the time to give a little something back! Contribute!

My resolutions are never kept so I just decided to de-clutter my house. So far the "treasures" have been confined to one room-at a time that is. I keep moving stuff and it keeps breeding more. I decided to decrease my gravitational pull to the earth and gained 6 lbs. I decided to eat healthy and my poor abused digestive system rebelled. So now I sit here on the 'Creek and am glad for every day that I am blessed with.
    Leigh Costello
    Epilog Mini 24, 45W, Corel X4
    Smile, make them wonder what ya did.

See now, Belinda? You done good on at least one resolution.

Go Gators
    Where did I put that tape measure...