Thread: Photo Printers All In One

Photo Printers All In One

Opinions? Looking for the all in one type, printer, scanner and copier necessary only. No fax needed.

Im willing to spend about 250 on a new one with shipping.
    I was looking at the reviews on canon, amazon an best buy on the Canon MX850. seems to have really nice reviews.

Im buying it for my folks. There's is a Kodak one that prints with a different type of ink. Maybe clay , anyways ink is alot cheaper on this model. I think the kodak has problems with the print head though.My dad had issues called Kodak they sent next day a new head and it happened again now he's just going to toss it.

So Id like to order one today or tommorrow. he wants it for photos 8x10s.

Thanks

I have a HP C6180 All-In-One that I like. It's one with 5 different ink cartridges plus black. I also use the HP Premium Plus paper with it.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

We've been really happy with the HP5180. Thinking of upgrading to the c7280 for the duplex and doc feed.

Just my opinion but instead of buying ink constantly I send the pics to Target and pick them up there

The printer we had would not work even if one ink was low not empty, low

Could not even print black and white if the other three color cartridges were low.
    Kurt

For years I used a HP Copyjet, weighs about 60 lbs and rated for 25,000 prints a month.. A set of four cartridges cost me almost 200 bucks.. It crapped out after 14 years, and I had to buy another printer.. Got a HP (full colour something or other..It works good) print/scan/copy/fax.. I only needed the copy, it's not even hooked up to a computer. I did not need colour but the thing only cost $29.00 new, and came with a colour and a black cartridge.. When they go dry, If the ink costs more that 29.00 I'll dump it and buy another one! It's not easy being green
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Blog Entries
    HP C8180 here. Great little printer.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

Professor Dr. SWMBO recently bought an HP OfficeJet for all those functions. In fact, I actually used it today to copy some documents, rather than using my scanner.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have the HP photosmart 2610 with more bells, buzzers, and gadgets than I will ever use. It's a couple years old now so probably outdated. Has fax, scanner, photo print, regular print, and probably more stuff than this I haven't used. Has worked well so far. Can't remember what I paid for it though. I think appx $300.00-$350.00
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey

The "kids" bought the FIL an HP about 3 years ago. They really like it. We bought an HP Photosmart about a year ago, and love it. It's not the all in one, but has the 5 plus black cartridges. Much cheaper to run than the old Epsons we used to own. Cartridges are cheaper also. When we print pictures on the 4x6 photo paper, they look just like prints from the drug store photo machines. Vibrant colors, and crisp, sharp prints. I bet you can get an HP in your price range. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

HP Photosmart C6150 - about $200 at Costco 1.5 years ago. Has sep. ink color cartridges but not cheap to replace. All HP printers seem to have a lot of "tics" - strange pauses and burps during print cycle. Also have a cheap Brother B/W laser for a workhorse printer - only $75 at Staples last fall.

We got a HP6380 for Christmas and love it. It's wireless so we can print of anywhere in the house (I told my wife it has to be on 1st!). I printed some pictures (4x6 format) and they came out beautiful. Next I printed to a larger format (on plain paper) and was surprised at the quatity. After that I used photo paper and the quality was as good as the smaller format. It's very easy to set up and use and cost us abougt $269 at Best Buy.

I agree with Kurt. Color ink cartridges are too expensive to make home picture printing cost effective.

My advice would be to buy a Dell B&W laser printer and send your picture files to Target or a local camera shop for printing.

Scanners are cheap. Although it would take another piece of real estate in your home office, I still think you'd be better off with a B&W laser printer and separate scanner.

Just my opinion after buying way too many $30.00 ink cartridges.