Evry year I make something for our local Ducks Unlimited chapter to raffle or auction off at our banquet. I am fresh out of ideas for what to do this year. Due to the present economy I think I need something nice but something that I could expect to sell in the $100-$200 price range.

In the past I have made:

Duck & Goose calls- Would rather not do these as they don't seem to go over that well. Everyone seems to have enough duck calls and in today's economy I'm not sure anyone wants to buy a high dollar duck call.

Wooden beer mugs & display shelf- These were nice but again with the present economy I don't think they would raise a lot of money

Wood, hard-sided gun case- Did these 2 years in a row. They were great and sold for almost $400 each. Not sure how many people would come this year and expect to spend $400 on a gun case. Money is tight everywhere.

Gun Cabinet- Last year I went all out and made an 8 place oak gun cabinet. It was well received but only sold for a little over $400. Only about half of what I thought it should bring.

So, anyone have any suggestions?

I'm really concerned about the economy. I'm not really worried about how much money something sells for. It is a donation to Ducks Unlimited, after all so any money I help raise is better than nothing. On the other hand, I don't really want to spend a lot of my own money and time making something and then practically give it away.

If I spend $100 on materials making something and it only sells for $100 I just as well give the $100 donation directly to DU or better yet spend that $100 on raffle tickets, etc. at the banquet. My money is not the issue, however. I don't mind spending a lot of my own money making something as long as it results in a good return for Ducks Unlimited.

Look forward to hearing some of your suggestions. Thanks.