Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Broken G0634 after 20 bdft

I talked with a high ranking Grizzly official today. He was very understanding and patient, and listened to my concerns. We discussed repair vs return of the device. He was clear that he was happy to do whatever I wanted to try to make this right.

My concern is that as someone mentioned, this may have been a bad batch, and that I am afraid of what might happen down the road. This is a gut feeling - not an objective assessment. But it's impact on my use of the machine is every bit as real. When I first saw it I was psyched... when I look at it now, it is with a sense of frustration and anxiety... (I need to tell myself to "pull up my fricken skirt") But alas... if I don't like the machine due to my experience..... it kinda defeats the purpose of it (as a hobby adjunct)

I am returning the machine and going to get a Hammer or a Minimax FS30. As I am not making price the primary determinant... I was leaning toward the Minimax - any comments, suggestions?

thanks
    dan
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Luciano View Post
    They may have had a bad run on these machines
    Thats what I'm thinking. You may very well be looking at more serious problems down the road when you can't ask for a replacement. Have them pick it up and get a powermatic or Jet.

PS

Quote Originally Posted by dan lemkin View Post
    I am returning the machine and going to get a Hammer or a Minimax FS30. As I am not making price the primary determinant... I was leaning toward the Minimax - any comments, suggestions?

thanks
    dan
    Yes, I have one suggestion:

Please start a new thread!!!!

You can hardly go wrong with Minimax. I have an FS-41Elite (16" J/P) from them (3-blade Tersa journal--a breeze to change, dbl-sided, too) and it has been a joy to use. Hammer/Felder also make fine equipment.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by dan lemkin View Post
    But alas... if I don't like the machine due to my experience..... it kinda defeats the purpose of it (as a hobby adjunct)

thanks
    dan
    Especially since you do woodworking for enjoyment you should get something you are going to be happy with.

Euro machines are sweet, you'll be plenty happy. Only suggestions I can offer is start a new thread asking for opinions on your options and make sure the one you buy has mortising either standard or optional.

Unless you have a Multi-Router there is no other mortising method that comes that comes close to a slot mortiser.

I can not believe I didn't register Chris' ZoSo earlier..... See how this little things distract your from the "important" things in life

gotta love Zeppelin!

-dan
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Dan,

Zeppelin Rules!! I actually changed it from a drooling Homer Simpson to this over the weekend so you aren't quite ready for the looney bin...yet....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.