Thread: Eat, Sleep, Images

Eat, Sleep, Images

Does anyone know what these types of pictures are called? Also, does anyone know where you can get vector images of them? They're not copyrighted are they?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

As a whole they are called international symbols. There are quite a few fonts out there made up of them. It may take some hunting to find exact matches though.

Cheers,
    Doug

Try Here:
    http://www.aiga.org/content.cfm/symbol-signs
    Last edited by Doug Griffith; 01-15-2009 at 12:11 PM.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

http://www.fontspace.com/minnesota-d...eation-symbols

Has all the ones you showed and it's free.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Cool, they even have a tether ball symbol, just in case that comes up someday!
    Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

Pictograms, is the term we use....
    Pictos, for short.
    Boy, you needed to know that, huh?

Thank you everyone! I KNEW there was a name for these things.....it's kinda tough to search Google for them when you don't know what they're called!!!

I searched all of the recommendations and found the basics......but does anyone have a source for the humorous kind (like gas and marriage)?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    ......but does anyone have a source for the humorous kind (like gas and marriage)?
    They are pictograms - as for humour gas and marriage, look up roses with holes burned in them.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Steve I have had a look at some of the pictograms on my computer. They all appear to be serious signs, well none of them made me laugh. I think you would be better just doing a general search for 'funny pictograms' on google to get a result.

Blog Entries
    Some of these (or similar ones) are on the Corel Draw fonts CD.
    In X3 check CD3\symbols\ttf\signs.ttf for starters.

Howard Garner

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    They are pictograms - as for humour gas and marriage, look up roses with holes burned in them.
    ROFL Frank got ya there!

Verrrry Funnnny!

I was talking about these:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Steve I have had a look at some of the pictograms on my computer. They all appear to be serious signs, well none of them made me laugh. I think you would be better just doing a general search for 'funny pictograms' on google to get a result.

Woooo Hoooooo!!!!! I STUMPED Frank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Woooo Hoooooo!!!!! I STUMPED Frank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nearly. I only keep good stuff you see.