Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble posting

Trouble posting

I tried to reply to a posting and it is giving me a message that I don't have sufficient access........anyone else having trouble?

Lisa

From Admin
    We have been experiencing some problems with our Search function that may have caused some people to have problems posting. As we passed the one million posts mark it seems that the built-in search function is malfunctioning during heavy loads, Aaron has disabled the built-in search feature so everyone should use the Google Search until Aaron makes some adjustments in our software.

In the meantime, Aaron has disabled the "Automatic Similar Thread Search", which should address the problems people have been having when creating new threads.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 01-18-2009 at 5:45 PM.

I have not encountered the problem but I was wondering if it was something related to being a "contributor" versus "member". Not sure.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike DeRegnaucourt View Post
    I have not encountered the problem but I was wondering if it was something related to being a "contributor" versus "member". Not sure.

I would guess you are correct, she was most likely trying to respond to a classified add and not being a contributor was not allowed too
    Kurt

Actually last I looked I WAS a contributor. In fact I contributed MORE than what was asked. I guess it must be time to contribute again and I didn't know about it. I answered some postings earlier and had no trouble and now all of the sudden I am a member???

And NO I wasn't trying to respond to a classified add, I was trying to respond to Frank.

And Kurt I would appreciate it if you don't talk about me like I am not reading these postings (I would guess you are correct, she was most likely trying to respond to a classified add and not being a contributor was not allowed too) . I have always been a contributor so I don't appreciate you talking like I am lurking here but not contributing. Thanks.

Hi Lisa,

It looks like your status is now back to contributor. I thought I had seen your name many times before. As valuable as this site is for me, I do not hesitate to donate. Glad to see you got it figured out and your able to post again.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...

I'm having a little trouble too.....

I forgot my password.....no jokes please (who am I kidding? I wouldn't let somebody else off easy for that one!).....and I've tried to use the automatic password reminder like five times.......but the e-mail with my password never comes. Thankfully, when I send Keith a note, he took care of it.......but there is definitely a glitch with the automated system.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

I left some messages asking for help to figure out what happened. I am not sure if it was time for me to donate or what. I didn't get any messages or emails and I couldn't find anywhere in my profile that tells me what my expiration date is........the more postings I read, it seems like it's been happening to different people the last couple of months. I donated again anyway just in case it was time......I am just waiting to hear back from Jackie on what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    I forgot my password.....no jokes please (who am I kidding? I wouldn't let somebody else off easy for that one!).....and I've tried to use the automatic password reminder like five times.......but the e-mail with my password never comes. Thankfully, when I send Keith a note, he took care of it.......but there is definitely a glitch with the automated system.

I don't think I could remember my password either. Maybe I could....

Lisa

Lisa,

Maybe Frank has his 'Poster-ID' turned on and wasn't taking any Posts from you at that point - you know how guys are sometimes...

Seriously, if you couldn't see in your expiration date in your User CP area, you may have gotten stuck as a 'tweener' between the old system and the new system. I went through it for a couple days. Check it again and see if you can see your Expiration date now... Keith and his crew were apparently converting 20,000 users manually one at a time...

Ok - not serious again - Frankly (pun intended), if you're working again and you donated again - maybe Frank was ignoring you to get you to donate some more....
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

Oi Steve, don't you start! I read these posts too you know.....
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Burger View Post
    And Kurt I would appreciate it if you don't talk about me like I am not reading these postings (I would guess you are correct, she was most likely trying to respond to a classified add and not being a contributor was not allowed too) . I have always been a contributor so I don't appreciate you talking like I am lurking here but not contributing. Thanks.
    Lighten up a little, I'm just trying to help. Figure it out yourself next time
    Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Strandberg View Post
    Lighten up a little, I'm just trying to help. Figure it out yourself next time
    Well maybe now you've learned it's really rude to talk about someone in the third person when they are here.

Thanks and have a great day

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    Oi Steve, don't you start! I read these posts too you know.....
    And I KNOW I am Frank's number one pain in the you know what.

hahaha!

Thanks for the help. I haven't heard anything yet but I am assuming I was probably one of the ones to get stuck in between. Of course I couldn't be stuck in between something better. And that's as far as I will go with that! My odds are wonderful when it comes to the bad stuff. When it comes to winning the lottery, HA!