Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You know you're a Redneck when...

Amateurs . . . they left off the front porch for the 'fridge, and the trailer isn't up on blocks.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

I had an Aunt and Uncle who were transferred to Coffeyville, Kansas with their jobs with the railroad. I'm guessing that was in the 30's but might have been earlier. They purchased some acreage, and had the railroad put a surplus freight car on the property. They lived in that and over the years built a home around it. Lived there until the end of their lives. Charming house, and you couldn't tell it was built around a rr car. It's the room they went when there were tornado warnings as it was very heavy and a secure place. Someday, an owner is going to try and remodel the home and get a very big surprise.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

You know you are a redneck when......
    Land is hard to come by and you deside to build a trailer condo complex.

redneckmansion.jpg

Last edited by gary Zimmel; 07-25-2010 at 2:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gary Zimmel View Post
    You know you are a redneck when......
    Land is hard to come by and you deside to build a trailer condo complex.

redneckmansion.jpg

That would make this fellow a Redneck landlord perhaps?
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

My mother recently told me I was a redneck. I actually felt kind of proud.

Quote Originally Posted by George Sanders View Post
    Looks like the Florida room on a lot of trailers I saw in Marathon Key, Florida. You just park a trailer and start building rooms on it.
    I was gonna say... "Uh... Fellas... I think the house is the addition to the trailer!"

That's how us "high fa-lootin" rednecks roll

You see "homes" like that all the time in Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan, especially around the lakes. People used to buy a lot and park a mobile home there and then gradually build on to it as they needed more space.
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

What a great way to add an addition to your house without having to deal with inspectors and permits!
    I drink, therefore I am.

Theres one out here that I took a pic of. Its a mobile home with another roof built over it. I guess the other one leaked. Its ons 4x4 post with metal roof. It sits maybe 6 inches above old roof not attached at all to trailer.