Thread: a future woodworker in the making

a future woodworker in the making

My 3 year-old grand daughter loves to "Help?" A future woodworker in the making??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey,
    You get her fitted with hearing protection, a face shield, and she seems to like it too!

You may be right
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Alan, Absolutely! Fondest memories of 'helping' my Dad in the shop and he encouraged his lone daughter as much as his four sons and I ended up the wood turner in the family, ha! More power to you and she'll remember that forever! Cool! Jude

gotta get them turning young.

Oh man thats just too darn cute!! Looks like shes ready to learn!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

That's cool! You never know how helping grandfathers and Dads will effect them. Did I mention my pretty petite daughter...mother of 3 of my grandchildren has a college degree in automotive mechanics?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Congrats Alan! Love spending time with the grandkids and always fun when they want to help out with the woodworking! Funny how a hammer and a few nails can be so entertaining!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Congrats Alan. There is nothing better in this world than spending time with your kids and especially grandkids. It is just priceless.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

My wife and I are waiting for the grandbabies!

That is wonderful that your she wants to spend time with grandpa in the workshop! So far with our 4 kids no grandchisldren yet. Only one is married. She has a beautiful english setter named Berkley, that is our grand dog! Our son is in Okinawa in the Air Force and has not found the right girl. Our oldest just ended a relationship so no luck there. Our 19yr old says boys are dumb! She is way smart, speaks 4 languages and says college is boring! Besides with 3 daughters all the boys are afraid of me because the girls tell them how strict and mean I was!

A very precious moment!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

You are a lucky man!
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

Yeah! Drag another one into the vortex before she can even defend herself..Beautiful little girl! Rivals my own grandaughter...Bill...

All I can say is Awwwwww
    Little kids can be so cute, almost makes me want to have one...almost.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

building memories

I heard once that to a child, the greatest form of fun is work. Helping cook, nailing boards digging dirt etc. funny how that changes as we get older. You are investing in a life... keep it up. doug

Thanks everyone! She is precious, and busy. No matter what we are doing, she wants to help,(and then be in charge).
    The fun thing is that no matter what toy, vase, or glass gets accidently broken, she tells us, "Give it to Papa. He can fix everything!"... too cute.
    Spend every minute that I can with her.