Thread: Cedar vase and damascus knife

Cedar vase and damascus knife

I thought I would show a cedar vase I just finished. It is 8 " tall and finished with the Beal Buffing system. For good measure I also included a damascus knife that I just finished making. The handle has a Copal amber spacer and stabilized maple burl handle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like. Once upon a time I did custom knives.

Did you do the damascus or buy the blank? I did stock removal but now when I do any I just buy a blade already completed.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Very nice vase Tom! Really like the knife! Haven't seen Damascus for quite awhile - great visual! Beautiful burl handle! Very nice work on everything! Looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Thanks, for the kind words. I make my own damascus. I have several forges and two powerhammers. The damascus is a twist pattern of 288 layers of 1080 and 15N20 steel.
    For over 25 years I was really into knifemaking. I joined the Knifemakers Guild and the ABS. During this time I made over 1300 knives.
    I have always had a interest in wood turning and after making so many knives I am enjoing spending more time with the wood lathe.

Both are great looking pieces. I really like the knife.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Blog Entries
    great looking pieces, especially the knife
    Have a Nice Day!