Thread: CL Been Berry Berry Good 2 Me (Multi Gloat)

Talking CL Been Berry Berry Good 2 Me (Multi Gloat)

I usually check out the tools on CL once or twice a day. As they say, "ya gotta kiss a lot of frogs...". Over the last few months it has paid off a few times so I guess this is a triple gloat.

Used I/R compressor from an estate sale ($500). Had to replace 1 cylinder and add automatic drain valve.

Older Ridgid osc. spindle/belt sander w/sleevees and belts from a local WW moving out of the area ($100). I can live without the borg orange color.

Finally, today, from nearby non WW, Dewalt DW788 w/stand ($125). The guy got it from his father and said he didn't know much about it. I asked him if he knew what it costs new and he said he did and was happy with the price. Who am I to complain?

Also (not so much a gloat) picked up two lengths of heavy duty 6" DC clear hose from Tri Hoang - a fellow SMC member although we didn't realize this until we met. He got to clear up some shop space and I got the hose at a fair price - win win in my book and I got to meet another NM WW.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ben Franz; 01-20-2009 at 12:31 AM.
    The problem with education in the School of Hard Knocks is that by the time you're educated, you're too old to do anything.

Nice ones Ben.
    I have seen some good stuff on my local Craigslist too.
    The most recent one I have seen is a Jet 14" bandsaw (white one) for 300.00.
    Dont have the cash for it but it looked new.
    Wishes-
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor

Was it hard to replace a cylinder on a compressor??
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Mike-

Replacement was straightforward. The local I/R distr. was able to order the cyl., 2 gaskets and one o-ring based on the unit serial number (this one was built in 1997). That's one benefit of buying a domestic product IMHO. Biggest issue was getting old cap screws loose from the head - I used an electric impact wrench to break the bond. I left the piston and rings in place and slipped the new cylinder sleeve down over them - rub on a little of the crankcase oil and presto! All in all 2-3 hours.
    The problem with education in the School of Hard Knocks is that by the time you're educated, you're too old to do anything.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Congrats Ben. I check NM CL everyday but never see much else besides ladders & welding equipment.
    That IR really looks nice!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Nice scores all around!

By contracts, just in the last week two guys backed out of agreed-upon deals with me. Bummer!