Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small dust collectors

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Merrill View Post
    The Rockler unit is designed to attached to the wall as a free standing unit with the bag hanging below. Really it looks like a redesigned portable unit, with a means to hang it on a wall. This is very desirable for me as I've used up all my floor space but may be able to squeeze in a wall unit.
    I had a similar approach and hopes. That is until it turned out this Rockler DC comes with a 30 micron filter, and a 5 micron available. By the time you get a 1 micron bag that will fit the unit you may as well look into a DC which comes with a better filter. I ended up with Delta 50-760

So, I'd been looking at the small units for a month now, every time I saw a good option on Craigslist, it was gone before I got to it.

So, I bought the 1HP HF model linked above yesterday. I'll post on it when it arrives.

I plan on installing outside, with a small box around it to keep it dry. That makes noise and filtration less of an issue. I was planning on using one hose and just moving the connection when needed. I have a small shop - 15' hose should cover everything.

I kinda thought about the grizzly model as well, it's 1hp and I think a bit cheaper than the Rockler. One thought I had is I could mount it under on of my open stand tools to use unused space???? My open stand jointer is only about 4 feet from my bandsaw outlet, joiner of course, and 5 feet from my table saw. I could maybe get by with no more than a sinlge 6' hose that I move about.

I think I'd have to upgrade the bag though to at least a 5 or 1 micron bag.

I'm also curious if anyone has the grizzly unit?