Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: STL Woodworking show

STL Woodworking show

Who's going this year and are we having breakfast at Cracker Barrel again? Was it at 8am last year?

Can you tell I just got the flier?
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Hi Gary Me and a buddy are going for the first time. Is it a big show? I am really looking forward to it I'll probably go Fri & Sat. Wher does all the creekers eat breakfast at and when? I'd like to meet some fellow creekers, I have just joinded recently.

Dale

I'm going on Saturday. It's not as big as it used to be. I mostly go now to see folks at breakfast. We'll find out where and when when some folks start responding.

Oh Jiiimmm...
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Show

I am planning on attending the show with several people. I am a little far away so I may not be up there until 10AM or so. I am looking forward to the show, as this will be my second one.

Hi All,

I've never been before but I think I'll try to make it up on Saturday and check it out.

Wife and I make a weekend in St. louis out of that show. We are headed down Friday the 6th. I am stopping in Troy, IL on the way down Friday to meet a woodnetter and see his moulding machine and then stopping at a woodnetter's shop in Chesterfield the next day to pick up a new Baldor 7.5hp 3phase. Where do you guys eat at on Saturday?
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I'll be going again this year. Normally, we meet at Cracker Barrel in Caseyville (I-64 & 157) at 8:00am.

I'm here I'll get back to ya as that Saturday is the same day as my Bass Club Banquet. I'm not sure I can handle all the excitement in the same day.

On another note I went to the fishing show there this month and it was a ghost town. Hope this show is better!
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

St. Louis is a 5.5 hr trip, but I considered going until I looked at the exhibitor list - pretty scant. Looks like 32 exhibitors, several that would not be of much interest. I have never been to this show before, but I take from some of the comments that is has been larger in the past??

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    St. Louis is a 5.5 hr trip, but I considered going until I looked at the exhibitor list - pretty scant. Looks like 32 exhibitors, several that would not be of much interest. I have never been to this show before, but I take from some of the comments that is has been larger in the past??

NO WAY is it worth that John unless you have some other reason to be in St louis.

Blog Entries
    I'll be there Saturday, but I'm not sure what time yet. It depends on the homework load.

Last year, I remember seeing a Laguna Tools Display. I'm hoping it will be back because I want to check out their bandsaws.

Last year Laguna had a 16HD and one of their small ones. Also had the plat. tablesaw. I was over looking at them and the guy did not even bother to look up from his Blackberry. Was not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Last year Laguna had a 16HD and one of their small ones. Also had the plat. tablesaw. I was over looking at them and the guy did not even bother to look up from his Blackberry. Was not impressed.
    Mike,

Some things never change. I had the same problem w/ Laguna at the St. Louis show several years ago. At the time I was very interested in their TSS. They had one at the show, but it was in pretty rough shape and not even set-up to demo. I could not get any help from anyone in the Laguna both either.

The folks over at Kunz Carpentry (General Distributor) were awful nice though, and they had a regional rep from General there to answer questions and demonstrate products. I guess that is why I own a General table saw now.

I have not been to the show in a few years and don't think I will make it back this year.

Clay

Blog Entries
    Mike,

Some things never change. I had the same problem w/ Laguna at the St. Louis show several years ago. At the time I was very interested in their TSS. They had one at the show, but it was in pretty rough shape and not even set-up to demo. I could not get any help from anyone in the Laguna both either.
    Well this doesn't sound very encouraging. I was hoping to demo one as I am in the market to replace my little, underpowered 12" bandsaw now that I've got a veneering setup.

I'll keep in mind Kuntz also - I keep seeing their ads on craigslist.

Hey Gary,

I might be interested in meeting up with you guys on Saturday morning. Keep us posted as to when and where.

thanks,