Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday January 23, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Another week of work has come and gone and it's now time for the fun and games of the weekend. If you live in Wisconsin you would have seen a fairly mild week weather wise. We actually made it into the 20's, capped off by Thursdays high of 31º. Now it's back to the deep freeze. At least for the weekend with overnight temps approaching -10º and highs in the single digits. At least we've turned the corner and the days are getting longer. The first day of spring is less than 2 months away now.

It's the same old story here. No shop time because of the cold temps. I am really getting antsy to get back out there and get some stuff done. Of course, by now it will take a couple of hours to get all my equipment in shape to do some WW'ing. I'm sure I'll have to do a light sanding and waxing of my table saw and band saw tables when I'm able to get out there.

So what's on your agenda for the weekend? No football games to watch, so what will you be up to? I do hope you have a great weekend and whatever you do, please be SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Finally a weekend where I'm not working at least one of the days so hoping to get the kitchen cart futher done.

Off Sat Morning to go look at lawn tractors, hoping to maybe find a Cub Cadet that mows and blows snow that we can afford.

And if CRS doesn't strike again, send a check off to Sawmill....I know shame on me...

Cold here this weekend, stay warm and safe all.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Here we go again! Another chance to do good!

I've got a different project on my plate this weekend. Besides soccer finals and the Pinewood Derby races, I have a new compressor I am going to install in our RV.
    The tiny 120 V Campbell-hoozfield died last time out, so I have this nifty 12 volter I'm going to replace it with. Has double compressors on one motor.
    I'm going to use the C-H tank and switch with a relay, and safety valve and manifold I already made for it, and marry the new pump with a SS braid hose.
    The pump puts out 5.3 CFM and goes up to 150 PSI max.
    I use it for air suspension and tire pressure use. So I expect it will do for me just fine. Ought to be fun.
    Got it from Grainger.

Well I actually have one of those Cubs that mows and throws snow. Based on the weather report this may be the first weekend in awhile I won't have to use it!

Looks like I will spend a bit of time doing drywall and tile work on the other hand.

Well....a little house work....laundry cook meals.....Did I mention the LOML is visiting her mother in Illinois? If you have an hour I"ll tell you how much I hate my own cooking.......

Clean the shop and yes maybe even some turning.........

Bunkers everyone.......it's out for delivery.........there should be a large white flash of light to the south east of me.....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Finally done with work travel for a while after another trip this week. In a little over a month I've been to Dallas, St. Louis, Kansas City, and Atlanta with no spare time at any of the destinations. Actually if the rental car would have been in my name I could probably have made it to Highland Woodworking yesterday afternoon, but instead I managed to make an early flight last night so I got home at a decent time and I'm starting my weekend early today after I catch up on a few things using some comp time from last week's travel.

My weekend plans include running some new cabling to the master bedroom in preparation for DirecTV coming Monday to install a new dish and a HD DVR for our main TV. I'm going to have them connect to a structured wiring system than the cheesy wires-through-the-floor system that is there now. Last weekend I got all the wiring for the main TV taken care of including moving the surround speaker wiring and subwoofer wiring into the walls for a cleaner look.

I'm also planning to get back to my new entertainment center, and maybe even get construction finished up this weekend so that I can do the finishing this coming week.

Luckily we don't have any snow forecast. We've gotten something like 18" over the past two weeks, virtually all of it while I've been out of town meaning we actually had to pay someone to plow our driveway. Its supposed to be above freezing today but then go back to the teens for highs over the weekend.

Myself and my two SOLs are having a boys day out and are heading to Grizzly Wharehouse in Springfield, MO and look at Grizzly Machines and then To Bass Pro to look around. Looking forward to a little bonding time with my sons in law and no honey do's for the day.

Busy.

Cross country skiing in Vermont on Saturday.

Teaching a bowl turning class on Sunday.

Have a great weekend.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Thought maybe I could start mounting my new delta t2 fence on the TS, but I'm in the same boat as Karl. The ice boat and I'm froze out of the garage this weekend. We might have to start burning all the wood around here instead of working with it.

Be safe and stay warm

Jerry

Off to a weekend getaway with the family. Short and sweet, but it'll be nice to "get out".
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Equestrian activities will take up much of the weekend with lessons on Saturday and a show on Sunday. But I intend to do a little fine tuning of the new upper cabinets in my office as well as repair the wall from the face frame installation and hopefully start to get organized for whatever the next project will be.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If it's bearable in the shop, 46 for a high, no heat in shop, I'll continue cleaning, this time in the "to be" assembly/finishing room. I have a bunch of slat wall material that I salvaged off the shop walls when I started the rehab 4 years ago. What is left are the parts that had been wet and swelled. I need to cut it up and get ready for the trash to haul away.
    I have another sheet of Glassliner material for 2 light reflectors for this room. I need to go get some 2 X 6s and some screws and get them cut out and installed. I'll see if the left over insulation from the walls will make a start on the ceiling in this room. I'll need to add more as it's only R13, but I can lay some more unfaced on top of it later. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Continuing work on the Eternal Bookcase, starting on a second A&C bookcase for myself, working on my Shaker nightstand, putting the finishing touches on my drill press cabinet (finishing touches = casters ), and putting down more ballast. How much of all those different tasks actually get accomplished is a whole nudder matter.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Dreaming about a lathe!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

The mother-in-law is in town this weekend.....that means I will be cleaning the gara......er.....shop, running a new sub-panel out there, installing a 5Kw heater and spend some time designing my 'mobile workbench' that will help utilize my space better....and if time permits find anything else that I can do to keep me out of the house.

Weather reports have it not getting out of the single digits so that means layers until I get that heater installed....then maybe I will be able to ditch the coat and stay with a sweatshirt.