Thread: not fine woodworking

not fine woodworking

Not fine woodworking, but it saved my marriage by getting the bikes out of the spare bedrooms.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I suppose if you can't have the bikes in the bedroom, the dining room is the next best thing. By the time I'd been married for 10 years, I was keeping them in the garage, but after that my knee went out and I got rid of most of my rides.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Mike looks real fine to me. Ron

Anyplace but the shop!
    Too nice to keep outside.

wow mike, i guess we know what your other hobby is lol

Well, it looks fine to me.
    Why so many bicycles?
    One for each day of the week?

Smile I think they would look . . ..

I think they would look really good suspended from a vaulted ceiling . . . .

I use to park my Harley in the living room . . . Hall was to narrow to get it into the bedroom . . . No more Harley . . . . new wife . . . miss the Harley .

Steve
    Support the "CREEK" . . .

Mike, your bike rack looks pretty fine to me...nice job. It certainly is better than the one I have. Our house has 4 bathrooms but with just the wife and myself here my bike lives in the bathtub in the ensuite attached to my office

J.R.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Give the hardest task to the laziest man and he'll find the easiest way to accomplish it

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Edmonds View Post
    Well, it looks fine to me.
    Why so many bicycles?
    One for each day of the week?
    Now I can't speak for Mike, but I see at least one nice road bike. That's just for nice weather and serious riding. Then there are probably a nice hybrid and/or off road bike for dirt riding. As well possibly a "basic" bike that you're not afraid to leave parked outside if you ride it to work or a store or whatnot.

All of that in his and hers of course. Seems like Mike is actually short a few bikes from my perspective...

...art

(who actually only has one bike of his own, but I'd like another one for "serious" riding.)
    "It's Not About You."

Bikes are like routers and clamps....you just can't have enough of them.
    Trees. Tools. Time.

11. Quote Originally Posted by mike johnston View Post
    Not fine woodworking, but it saved my marriage by getting the bikes out of the spare bedrooms.
    That's interesting Mike that your wife would prefer the bikes half in the living room half in the kitchen, instead of the spare bedrooms. Did she want to move her car into the spare bedroom?

Nice rack though. Oh I mean bike, not your...

Nice rack Mike. If you have additional guest over for dinner and the standard table won't seat everyone.. you could move the bikes and drop a top on that "trestle dining bar". For that matter just put the bikes on the "kick-stand" (if bikes still have kick-stands which I doubt) and use them for bar stools on the "trestle bar".

Lots of imaginative possibilities there....

Sarge..

bike rack

Bike rack and bikes are in the basement. Not in the area LOML wanted it, but not in the bedroom. My victories are small.
    Sonny - I only have 5 I'm 2 short
    Steve - Had my first child, and sold my last Harley, the same week. About 26 years ago.
    John-strange place
    Art-I like your way of thinking.I used to ride alot, but hadn't in years. Then last summer RAGBRAI started close to my house, and I got the bug again. Ended up buying 5 bikes in 4 months. 1 for the road - 1 for the TACO RIDE (google it)- 1 because I live on a rock road - 1 because I wanted a flat bar road bike - and 1 because it was pretty. 1 scott -1felt - 3 (marins for the taco ride and rock road.) I've never bought 2 bikes on the same day, so I don't think I have a compulsive problem
    Scott- I'm short 2 routers 1 bike and 20 camps

I see a Scott and a GT next to it but can't make out the others. That Scott looks like a serious road/racing machine. The rest are hybrids(?)

Mike, what a neat idea. Saving your marriage isn't a bad idea either Very cool.