Thread: Thanks again & Help needed

Thanks again & Help needed

Thanks again for everyones advice,support and encouragement. I am reading through all the posts and learning so much but how do I save all the posts I feel I will need later?

Whats the difference between a Post and a Thread?

Really appreciate it.

Cheers Willo

OOOOOOOOOH is a Thread a Question and a Post an answer?

I have a lot to learn.

Willo,

Welcome!

I don't really think that there is much of a difference between a post and a thread....they're kind of interchangeable. Technically, I think the thread is made up of individual posts.

I read ALOT of the old threads before I bought my laser. And since there are sometimes 2 or 3 or 10 different important pieces of information in EACH thread, it can become a daunting task to compile and save that information.

What I did was to create a number of different Word documents.....one would be for settings, and one would be for substrate information, and one would be for things you could make, and one would be for marketing tips, etc. etc. etc. Then whenever I read a thread, I would simply copy and paste the important information into the appropriate word document.

Well, that was the best system I could come up with....hope it helps!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Welcome, Ian. I'm sure you'll find a tremendous amount of friendly help here as I have.

A post is a message, like the one you posted here. A thread is a collection of a post along with the responses to it (like your post and our responses here).

If you want to save a thread, you could create a folder on your computer, and drag from the address bar at the top of this page to your folder, renaming them if you wish. Alternatively, you can use the search function in the menu above.

Happy lasering!
    Bill Jermyn
    Waterloo Engraving
    Kitchener, ON
    Epilog Legend 32EX 75 Watt, Corel X3, Photograv, Wacom Intuos 3 6X8 graphics tablet

This may be the same answer as Bill's but you can save thread addresses in your Favorites folder.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers Willo

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Wilson (AUST) View Post
    Whats the difference between a Post and a Thread?
    About 4 inches.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Griffith View Post
    About 4 inches.
    ... Doug are you still revamping that joke?
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Thanks Bill.

Is there any way to send a thanks to all who helped in say a group thread.

Thanks Mike