Thread: Another Grizzly Gloat

Another Grizzly Gloat

The good news: My G0454Z that was on back order arrived last Friday, it was about 3 weeks early.
    The bad news: I have been working so much overtime in the last three weeks at the day job that I haven't even had time to connect the plug to it.
    More good news: I'm off tomorrow so I should be able to get it set up and at least hear it run.

on trailer.jpg

uncrating.jpg

unpacked.jpg

unloading1.jpg

unloading2.jpg

Here's a few more

Some more pictures after it was cleaned up. I'll get some more after I have had a chance to make some sawdust with it. Or would that be planer dust?

Front1.jpg

Front2.jpg

side.jpg

Back.jpg

spiral head.jpg

Let us know how it works.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Man that was fast. Would you call that a "quick-draw" You-Suck?

Blog Entries
    That is great. Congrats.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Greathouse View Post
    Some more pictures after it was cleaned up. I'll get some more after I have had a chance to make some sawdust with it. Or would that be planer dust?

Paul,

Hopefully it makes chips! (Chiplets?)

That's the unit I'm looking at so I'll be watching this thread to get your review. Enjoy!

Cheers,
    Jack Briggs
    Briggs Guitars

Congratulations Paul. Let us know how well you like it.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

If you're makin'dust...

ya got a problem.
    YOU SUCK!!!
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

9. cool new toys

I am planning to purches a planere similer to the one you just got but I do not have a crane to move it is it posable to disasemble this item to get it into my garage

Not really practical to disassemble a planer! You may have more trouble reassembling precision parts than it would cost to have someone help you move it to its final resting place.

IF you can get it loaded onto a truck or trailer, thats Half the Job! Many ways to *skin the cat* they say, getting the machine down on the ground! An engine hoist (cherry picker) could be used. OR a portable A-frame hoist. OR plain ol' Gravity! I have slid many heavy machines off of a trailer with the aid of heavy wood beams and a friend!

Having a mobile stand waiting for a machine means a lot. Sideways mobility is just as important as up/down! Keep an eye on these threads or start your own when your particular situation arises. These guys will suggest the BEST for you!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin McMurtrey View Post
    I am planning to purches a planere similer to the one you just got but I do not have a crane to move it is it posable to disasemble this item to get it into my garage
    The 4 ton service truck crane was a little overkill but it was readily available. My dad and son own and operate a heavy construction company.

The service truck wasn't available to unload my 12" jointer so my neighbor did it with the front loader bucket of his little ford tractor. You could also rent a lift of some sort. Theres always a way. Check with your local rental company, bring a picture of the planer and the wieght and size description, I'm sure they can provide something that will get it done. All you need is something to lift it high enough so that you can drive out from under it.