Thread: Craigslist wood gloat

Craigslist wood gloat

I love Craigslist, I normally check several categories and several specific searches at least once a day.

Below are 2 different wood scores from Craigslist from the last month:

Olive stump, 27" diameter and 14" deep - $20

Redwood lace burl, both Approx 10" X 10" X 4"

Redwood lace burl root pieces, approx 22" X 16" X 8" and 16" X 10" X 5"

All 4 Redwood pieces were $40 total. Yes, the gentlemen selling them knew what he had, he's a turner and had recently visited my shop. No, I don't know why he sold them.

Jason

that is definitly gloat worthy, nice score
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Wow - that's quite the score! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of these pieces! Really some beautiful wood! Congrats!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Golly. I am calling the cops you ripped that man off.

wow very nice. I too check craigs list quite often but have never gotten a score like that.

If you like Craigslist then you will love crazedlist.org. It allows you to check multiple craigslists at the same time. And once you have the search you want you can get an RSS feed and import that into your favorite reader. I'm looking for a bigger/better lathe and I'm searching 4 different craigslists in my area for "lathe" and for "powermatic" (8 feeds) and I get updates from it all every 15 minutes.

MUAHAHAHHAHA

Now if someone would just sell their nice 3520b for a song I'd be a happy camper.

GK
    ps awesome wood score!!!

And what song would you be singing Greg? I think for the right song and correct outfit......something strange and on a big stage somewhere you might get enough money to buy whatever you wanted!!! Ha! Ha!!!! One never knows what madness lurks within a member of the VORTEX!!!

Have a great day!!

Now I have to look on Craigslist too!!! I will never get out to the shop!!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

what are you using to get updates via multiple craigslist....'lists'.....

thanks.

Congrats on some nice wood and great gloat.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

You suck!..........................
    Mike Vickery

I use crazedlist.org to check multiple craigslist sites (you just select the regions you want checked and then type in your query once). Then I used the crazedlist.org RSS feed option and import that into my RSS feed reader (I'm on a mac so use NetNewsWire). NetNewsWire will check my RSS feeds every 15 minutes.

In total I get feeds on the 8 lathe searches, 4 camera searches, 4 laser engraver feeds, and about 8 different news feeds (BBC, Wired, MacWorld, etc). I can scan through all of that for things of interest in 5-10 minutes. It is a great way to keep up on the day.

GK

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Sollars View Post
    what are you using to get updates via multiple craigslist....'lists'.....

thanks.