Thread: Latest Pens - PSI Majestic

Latest Pens - PSI Majestic

Hi I got my new pen kits from PSI and made a few of the Majestic pens this past weekend. These are really nice kits

This first one is a Majestic in black titanium and platinum in a black onyx acrylic

That is a Swarovski crystal in the clip

This next one is also a Majestic but this time the finish is 22k gold and platinum. This pen is made of feathered oak with a CA finish. I used only thin CA and had to do many coats to fill the cracks and voids in the wood. The CA is wet-sanded to 12000 micro mesh and polished with Novus 3 step plastic polish.

The figure in this feathered oak is amazing!

This last pen is a Majestic Jr also in 22k gold and platinum. The Jr has a post able cap. I made this one from blue lapis Tru Stone. Tru stone is very hard and polishes like stone.

The full size majestic is a BIG pen! It uses a 37/64th drill bit for the upper barrel. The Majestic Jr. is larger and much heavier than a Baron/Navigator.

Alex Lesniak
    Pens for College

Very nice!

Those are some beautiful pens! Those are pricey kits are'nt they? Love the black one and the lapis one!

Great work,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Really nice work! Very classy pens! Love the variety of materials!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

George:
    I have been a PSI customer a long time and I think they have raised the level of their pen kits with this new line. But that does not take anything away from your fine workmanship! Those are some beautiful pens!

All the best.

Don

I love the grain in that feathered oak. All of them ae beautiful.

Dave

I love the feathered oak one as well. Nice job with the kit. too bad these great looking kits are so expensive. One of these days I am going to get one for myself and put something special on it.
    John T.

Those are some classy pens. You did a great job on them. I really like feathered oak.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Beautiful pens!!! I like them all but like most everyone else i am partial to the feathered oak pen.

I have done numerous acrylic/plastic pens buit not too many wooden ones. Had a tough time with the CA finish. Maybe after I get the segmented turning bug tamed down a little I will try get back into making a few pens. I have several kits and a box full of blanks but I've been spending most of my shop time cutting long boards into little bitty pieces and then gluing them back together. Oh well. Gotta stay out of the house on these cold & snowy Indiana winters.

Jim Swift

Wow those are really nice, I love them!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Wow those pens look great! Great craftsmanship there. Really love that feathered oak.
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Don Carter View Post
    George:
    I have been a PSI customer a long time and I think they have raised the level of their pen kits with this new line. But that does not take anything away from your fine workmanship! Those are some beautiful pens!

All the best.

Don
    Hi Don,

Thank you for the compliments. I agree these PSI kits appear to be top notch. I just wanted to let you know I only pay for the kits and take the photos, my son Alex makes the pens. He's too young (12) to have his own account here so I let him post on mine. Alex has an opportunity to steal some business away from Mount Blanc and Waterman. A local corporation buys a few hundred pens a year for visiting executives and they are considering purchasing pens from Alex. The investment we made in these kits will be part of a presentation of Alex's capabilities.

George

These are outrageously gorgeous pens.
    I have one of Alex's exceptional Pens... a Big Ben of Big Leaf Maple Burl... And still plan on getting another on for my wife.
    Just wanted to let these guys know that Alex is only 11 years of age, and is a pro!! He's the reason that I got started turning a few for my family.
    Al
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

The majestic pen styling is meretricious. I like the oak figuring and the finish is nice.

Extremly well done

Alex,
    Can't wait to see what you, already a very fine young craftsman, will do when you are 13!!
    Keep up the great work!
    Peter
    After thirty years turnng