Thread: My First Pens

My First Pens

Here are a couple of pics of my first attempt at a little turning. Have been lurking on the site for a while and deciced to jump in. Got the bug watching a wood turning show a couple of weeks ago. Boy is it addicting. I have definitely fallen into the vortex. Can't wait to get into bowls and more. MK
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow - would never know those were first pens - they are really nice! Nice variety of woods! Looks like you are a natural at this turning stuff! Looking forward to seeing more of your work real soon!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Thanks for the compliment. I took about a year off to fix my Trucking business, then I sold it. Now I have plenty of time to finish my shop and learn new things. I will post the latest when done. Thanks again...MK

Michael:
    Looks like you are in pretty deep already. Great looking pens. I have always thought that the "slimline" pens were very difficult to get the straight lines and good fit.
    This is the place to get help if you don't have access to woodturning club. Looking forward to more "stuff".

All the best.

Don

Michael for your first those are some good looking pens. Yep looks to me like you fell into the black hole of turning head first. Well done and keep'em coming.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Great looking pens for your first ones. I too fell into the penmaking mode last year and gave all family & friends pens for Christmas. If your family is like mine you better make a bunch more cause they won't last long. everyone will want one--or two--or three.....

Keep 'em coming.

Jim Swift

Very nice for first pens, heck those are nice for second and third too!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

Great looking pens... Hard to believe those are your first pens. Can't wait to see what your next bunch will look like.
    Billy

Thanks for all the encouragement guys. I usually make furniture, but as you can see, that has changed. TLOML has alrady put in a request for some bowls, and she actually saw a natural edge bowl and that has become a priority, right after bedroom furniture for my son. I believe that my time is spoken for. I will post pictures as things get done. MK

love the greenish one!!!! great job on all of them!!!!