Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FRANK how's the snow?

I agree Scott. Mother nature can be nasty and semi unpredictable. The earth has had global warming long before the industrial age and ice ages as well. Scientists have proven that tropical plants once grew in Greenland. The earth will go through cycles over & over, long after we're all gone. It'll do so and it'll survive.

:-)
    Last edited by Tim Bateson; 02-03-2009 at 3:34 PM.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Hey Glenn, Just FYI, I don't know if it's real or not, I won't take either side. Does that help keep this non-political?
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Talking about the earth changing (ok - not climate), I saw a program a while ago that was investigating the changing of the earth's magnetic pole. They were saying that a long time ago, the magnetic north was actually pointing south and visa versa. And again it is changing, a few hundred thousand years in the future, it will be pointing down south again. Talking about things getting really screwed up!
    George

Ahh . . . crustal displacement theory (not to be confused with pole shift theory). If I live long enough the crust will shift and I'll be almost living at a pole. That's why you have wooly mammoths frozen with dandelions in their mouths. You never know . . .
    Last edited by Belinda Barfield; 02-03-2009 at 6:10 PM.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Yes...and that's my final answer.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan