Thread: Rigid TS3650 clearing out at Home Depot?

Rigid TS3650 clearing out at Home Depot?

My local store dropped the price to $399 on the saw. I grabbed the last one. Store employee didn't know why, but I'm assuming they are clearing them out since the model is discontinued?

If you've been looking for a decent 10" contractor, might want to check your local Home Depot for the deal, as well.

Rick,

I believe the TS3660 replaced it a couple of years ago IIRC.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I was thinking they were replacing some models with the new granite top models - ?
    ken

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Higginbotham View Post
    I was thinking they were replacing some models with the new granite top models - ?
    Rumor has it those won't be in retail stores, special order only.

Most of the big box stores in my area are gradually thinning the stationary tools. One HD manager told me that they just don't move enough to justify the floor space.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Carmichael View Post
    I suspect family members are plotting an intervention.

Didn't know the TS3650 was discontinued that long ago. Our HD had stock all this time. In fact, I saw it on-line with Home Depot within the past two months.

There isn't any tablesaw of this size left in stock at the store, so I do think they're going to a "special order only" policy. Only thing in stock are the cart-mounted site saws and smaller, cheaper, table top models.

I don't know what the BORG's in the US are like, however in Canada they seem to be in a race with each other to the bottom of the graph.

None of the big box stores I've been to have any serious machinery for sale, and their hand held power tool assortment seems to be going to less expensive models only.

Unless you're building a bird feeder, there's no point in picking up material there either, it's all green/warped/twisted or it's low end plywood.

They don't even sell quality screws, I have to go to a different supplier for name brand fasteners.

The specialized lumber stores/machinery dealers/tool suppliers in my area provide better merchandise, better service and selection, often at lower or identical prices.

At this point I'm not sure exactly what benefits the bigger stores have brought to us?

P.S. Sorry to hijack the thread, however I'm curious about the Borg's in the US vs the Borg's I shop at.

Regards, Rod.
    Last edited by Rod Sheridan; 02-03-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: added PS

The borgs here sell cheap chinese junk. Screws snap off, wood is over dried, plywood splits, etc.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

The TS3650 and 3660 are basically the exact same saw. My understanding is that the 3660 comes in a single box (instead of two like the 3650 did). I think the steel stand is slightly different, also.

The new granite-top saw is an entirely different beast. I don't know whether it will replace the TS3650/3660, but the closeout prices on them might suggest as much.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Steverson View Post
    Didn't know the TS3650 was discontinued that long ago. Our HD had stock all this time. In fact, I saw it on-line with Home Depot within the past two months.

There isn't any tablesaw of this size left in stock at the store, so I do think they're going to a "special order only" policy. Only thing in stock are the cart-mounted site saws and smaller, cheaper, table top models.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    P.S. Sorry to hijack the thread, however I'm curious about the Borg's in the US vs the Borg's I shop at.

Regards, Rod.
    Rod-

Surprisingly, a HD near me sells domestic Birch, Maple, Oak, and Cherry plywood, prefinished Maple plywood, pre-primed Birch plywood, prefinished birch drawer sides, and the Lowes sells screws made in Taiwan (not China).
    Matt

Folks, the topic was (and still is) the RIDGID TS3660 table saw.

I own the TS3650 (basically the same saw) and absolutely love it. I've had it for about 5 years and use it primarily for renovation work on my own house. However, it's precise enough to use for furniture-making and cabinetry.

I removed the cast-iron wing on the left side and replaced it with a cast-iron router table (Bench Dog). A terrific combination!

Lastly, the stock fence is among the best I've ever used (and I have a brand new, still in the box Biesemeyer sitting in the basement waiting to get installed on my someday Craigslist amazing deal Powermatic 66 dream cabinet saw).

Jason

Hello,
    LOL!
    Well, the local blue borg at least has come out regarding what they sell.
    The have an entire end cap by the register of toilet paper (no joke - they really do!).

Anyhow - the 3650/3660 are the same. As posted above, the 3660 comes in one box and the 3650 came in two.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Steverson View Post
    My local store dropped the price to $399 on the saw. I grabbed the last one. Store employee didn't know why, but I'm assuming they are clearing them out since the model is discontinued?

If you've been looking for a decent 10" contractor, might want to check your local Home Depot for the deal, as well.
    I was in Home Depot a week ago last Sunday and talked them into taking 20% off the $549 price, thought I'd done really good. Went back last Sat saw they were on clearence for 399 (still had 2 at the Wesport Rd store in Louisville) I went to Customer service to see if they would refund the difference, and got a big shock, not only did they refund the difference but honored the 20% discount, price out the door was $338.35 including tax. I went and bought a Freud industrial 60T blade, and an a-line-it system. Fence and blade are now within .002 of an inch both. It's the first real table saw I've even used (have had a $99 ryobi for the past 10 years) but I really love the saw. Much quiter than I thought it would be and has a very smooth cut. Lifetime Warranty sure does not hurt either.