Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Throughly Disgusted with SignWarehouse

I dunno. I've bought two vinyl cutters, a dye sub printer and my laser through them. Aside from a Z-motor replacement (which was handled very professionally and promptly), I've had no problems with any of them.

Kevin is a tech. I wouldn't blame the company for the content of a bunch of quick emails back and forth. I've dealt with him myself and found him very personable and competent.

I really hate it when people vent entire email threads on forums like this. It's one thing to share your experiences, but disclosing emails that were sent to private parties is poor form.

You're judging a person in a public arena, for what they may have thought was a quick follow-up email in an informal tone.

I still like Sign Warehouse. I do lots of business with them and got great deals on my equipment and excellent customer service.

Pinnacle ZX Explorer II
    40W, X3
    Vinyl Express Lynx 24"
    Epson 4800 Dye Sub Hybrid

We bought our laser through Sign Warehouse and had no problems at all with them. The tech support was good when we had minor problems and adjustments in the beginning. The called and walked me through the entire set up from removing it from the box to all of the initial diagnostic tests before I used it. We had onsite training about 2 weeks after the machine arrived. The two weeks gave us a chance to become familiar with the machine before we had a two day training session.
    I did do a search for information on them before I purchased and even drove up to their showroom near Dallas and spent the day with them before doing a purchase. I was happy with the presentation and the knowledge of the salesperson and how he took the time to explain how the laser worked, what could and could not be done with a laser and he also did several demos for me to watch just how precise the laser could be. Overall, I would say I am satisfied with my purchase.

However, that being said I can definetly understand your frustration as it does appear that that the customer service and some of the others there have Cranial Rectitus, ie their head up their butts. Having a long ago background in retail management I understand the importance of keeping a customer happy if it is at all possible. A satisfied customer might tell one or two people, but a dissatisfied customer will tell untold legions of their bad experience. Sometimes you might lose money on a sale, but if it is handled properly you will recoup that loss in repeat business. That is just the risk of doing business.

I do think that if I need to do business with Sign Warehouse again I will keep this thread in the forefront of my mind and let it weigh in with my good experience in helping me make a decision.

Thanks for posting this as it is a great insight into their current business practices.

Well the correct lenses finally got here today....After much continued badgering....

But in true Signwarehouse form they came without focus rods..

Now I wonder how long that will take to get fixed....

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Thanks for heads up on that company looked at purchasing through them but thats out the window.So apart from those issues how do find getting hold of spares for this machine, do you have along wait? do they not hold spares in this country for all the machines they sell. Only asking because this machine was on my shopping list.

They don't keep any inventory apparently. It seems when someone needs a part they have to get it from GCC America, or another distributor, like laserproi.com or laserprona.com.

In fact when you buy a machine from them it comes crated from laserproi.com with all of their info on the crate. No mention of SW at all on the crate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Russell Smith View Post
    Thanks for heads up on that company looked at purchasing through them but thats out the window.So apart from those issues how do find getting hold of spares for this machine, do you have along wait? do they not hold spares in this country for all the machines they sell. Only asking because this machine was on my shopping list.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Dave, take a look at Jorlink. Talk to Jay and tell him I sent you. Maybe you can talk him into the the motorcyclists discount (inside joke).They've been a good supplier of Thermark for me. I believe they sell the GCC/Spirit/ Pinicle? line of lasers. I was looking at a used one and Sign Warehouse wouldn't provide tech support even though they were the ones that sold the laser. Jorlink would provide tech support for it for a small fee. $70.00 a year I think.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Which machine did you buy?

Is it under warranty?

Did you contact the manufacturer?

I would do that immediatly and let them know your how you feel about how Sign Warehouse has handled their customer service. Not to mention the business you lost while your laser is down. Show them your emails.

Customer service can be the tipping point on buying one laser over another!

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Members are required to use real names to participate on SMC.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7