Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shark Guard

Shark Guard

Who has used the Shark Guard blade guard and splitter on their TS? Good product? Problems? Recommendations? I'm seriously looking at one for my Steel City 10" hybrid.

excellent product just takes forever for him to build it and ship it. the splitter is easily inserted and removed with a simple flick of a lever and the dust port will virtually eliminate all the dust coming from above the blade. you'll still need to either hook up a hose to the bottom of your table saw or sweep up the rest of the dust. air quality has improved so much that i don't even use my air filter anymore!

I would agree with Frank. The dust collection is good and the machining is nice.

Just be prepared to wait.

I have a shark guard. I really like it. It really is worth the wait.

John

It took 3 months for mine, but well worth the wait.

Bob

shark

put my name on the waiting list yesterday.he e-mailed and told me when he was ready to build mine he would let me know.think it was 1 to 12 weeks.

Another happy shark guard user here. Have it on a Delta contractor saw. Mucho better than the stock garbage.

lee's product is so good it makes you wonder why none of the other table saw manufacturers haven't tried to buy the design off of him. oh wait, they cost $134 +$15 for the mega mouth option (trust me, you WANT this)...

I have on my Grizzly cabinet saw. I love it.

-Sue

I have one on my Griz 1023 and love it. I bought the 4" dust port and have it connected to a 6 " hose. It will pull the insert right out to the saw if I open the blast gate wide open. One of the best investments I have ever made.

Roy Hill

+1. I have it on a PM66. Much better than the stock guard in every way.

Worth the wait.

Jim

I have a BT3100 but don't use it as I have gone to the EZ Smart. I loaned mine to my neighbor (same saw) and he asked how much, as "your not getting it back". I found a used one on another forum, as I didn't want to wait, since my table saw is going out to a relatives farm. (they would rather my EZ, but they can buy that)

I found Lee very helpful in helping me figure out how to adapt his design to my old General TS. Sent several Emails back and forth and came up with a low cost option.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Chapman View Post
    Who has used the Shark Guard blade guard and splitter on their TS? Good product? Problems? Recommendations? I'm seriously looking at one for my Steel City 10" hybrid.

It's a great guard/dust hood except for one short coming. It has to be removed for non through cuts such as dadoes, rebates, and grooves.

If you're not going to be making any non through cuts, buy one, otherwise purchase an overarm guard such as the Excalibur, and install a removable splitter such as the Merlin.

Regards, Rod

I am anxiously awaiting mine so I am happy to hear all these positives. If it helps, I placed my order on 10/15 and it still has not arrived but when I emailed him in Jan (around the 15th) he said he was working on it.