Thread: Granite projects and questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Granite projects and questions

Hello all,

Just thought I'd show off a couple projects. These are HD Granite. The Baby one is going to be a Christening gift for my cousin. And the other is my first multi tile image - only two tiles though - thought I would start out small. Cause I only did this one just to see if I could . They are both brightened with the opaque white from laser sketch and the baby one is colorized with water color pencils too. That opaque stuff I'm using is kinda hard to put on/take off... my arm hurts! (it's pretty thick) I know some of you are using the titanium white oil paint, which I have not tried yet but I will. When I do would I just rub it on with a rag and then rub it off right away? or do I let it set some? What's the best way? I'm assuming this would spread better. Also does anyone know what I can thin the opaque stuff with? I don't know what it's made of. I did try acrylic paint once but I couldn't get it on even and I couldn't get all the excess off. I also heard you can use printers ink??? Wouldn't know where to buy it... any input appreciated as always
    Last edited by Jackie McGowan; 02-05-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: See photos in next.....
    Jackie McGowan
    25W Pinnacle Mercury CO2 Laser

"Don't believe everything you think."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]