Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valentine's Day gift?

Valentine's Day gift?

For once, I'd like to do something really special for my wife. Or at least something better than chocolates and flowers. Seems I'm always doing something for someone else, but nothing to keep in the family.

Any good ideas? OK, any mediocre ideas? Lame ideas?
    Marc Myer
    Epilog 35 mini

Well for most people a trip to Hawaii would be great, but I guess that won't work for you.... You mean something you can make on the laser?
    Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

How about a frying pan or maybe a vacuum cleaner, wives LOVE that stuff!
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

How about engraving a REAL rose???!!!!

(sorry.....I couldn't let that one go)
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

All I have at at home is my wife and my youngest daughter (two other daughters are married).. I usually take them both out to dinner, but my daughter left for two weeks in Cuba this evening, so it will just be my wife and I this year.. If I make her something she thinks I'm just being cheap..ha.. so dinner it is...
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Ha! That's a very real concern.
    Plus my wife already KNOWS I'm cheap. OK, Hallmark card and some flowers, I guess. It's easier anyway.
    Marc Myer
    Epilog 35 mini

I remember seeing a thread on here about laserable bakeware. What woman doesn't want cookware. After all a womans place in the kitch....

ok that loud smack you just heard was my wife hitting me over the head with a piece of granite. And now I realize that what a woman really wants is diamond jewelry, a nice dinner on the town and for the husband to clean the house for the next month.

Well, I can tell you from experience that anything with a cord is not considered a gift--contrary to what most of us on SMC think.

For my wife it goes like this: diamonds, gold, designer handbags, money, dinner. In that order.

We usually do dinner.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Marc, knowing what laser people are like, it's a good possibility your wife doesn't see much of you. I would opt for a meal for TWO in a good restuarant where you get yourself into a suit and she can dress up and you can actually be together for the whole evening. I might have stretched to the rose thing, but it would probably be dead by the time you got to dining. Have them bring a nice bottle of wine to the table.

Mike; Does your wife know my wife?
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Shouldn't it be an engraved bottle of wine? A romantic kinda guy would engrave something beautiful and unique on the bottle and drop it off at the restaurant the day before......if it's good enough, maybe the restaurant will even ask you to do more!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Good plug!
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Nothing with a cord, nothing for the kitchen. Does she like to read? Autographed copy of something by her favorite author.

Go to the local spa and get a gift certificate for a massage, day of beauty, whatever you think she would like. Go home and engrave either that certificate, or a certificate of your own design on wood, acrylic, something cost effective. Give her the certificate during the dinner that Frank planned for you. When she goes to the spa have her present the certificate you made for her, along with the actual certificate issued by the spa. You get to laser something, all of the ladies at the spa will think you are oh so sweet, and maybe, just maybe it will generate a little business for you.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Steve

It's not hard to tell who doesn't have a wife.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

BTW, I thought everyone could tell, I WAS JOKING!
    So last night I ask my wife what she would like and she tells me about this deep fryer!!!!!! I said NO WAY!
    I'll get you a deep fryer but NOT for Valentines day.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Quote Originally Posted by mike null View Post
    steve

it's not hard to tell who doesn't have a wife.
    rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!