Thread: Foxfire update issues

Foxfire update issues

foxfire just auto updated to the latest version and now it's not working.
    Anyone else got this problem?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

What version did you end up with? I'm on 3.0.4.

Burt

I'm on 3.0.6 and it works fine.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

3.0.6 A-OK

I have been having problems getting PDF's to open though. Sometimes they crash FF, sometimes not.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

No issues with FF v3.06 here.

Blog Entries
    Another 3.0.6 = OK here but, I'm running Firefox, not Foxfire ;-)
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 02-07-2009 at 8:24 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Mine auto updated last night to 3.0.6 and no problems. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

8. There's an issue with the Logitech Quickcam web camera driver and Firefox updates. The Firefox update will continuously restart and never install completely.

To fix it, right click on the Webcam icon in the taskbar (bottom right of the screen; you may have to expand the section) and select "Exit". The Firefox upgrade will install, and you can restart the webcam application (or wait until you restart the computer, and it will come back).

Open IE (providing you still have it) and google Mozilla FireFox (not foxfire!!) and re-download it. Sounds like you have a corrupt file that has downloaded. Both my machines updated and are working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by James Jaragosky View Post
    foxfire just auto updated to the latest version and now it's not working.
    Anyone else got this problem?
    Have you run disk cleanup lately? Sometimes an excess of old file can cause problems such as what you describe.

You can also try and do a system restore back to the last point that you know it all worked....sometimes though with browser updates, that doesn't always work.

If all fails, do like I suggested and re-install it.

Yep.......had a problem too. A message appeared saying Firefox would process the "upgrade" on next start-up. Firefox would not run or uninstall after 3.0.6 update and other problems started popping up too. Had to reboot computer four times before I could uninstall/reinstall Firefox 3.0.6 and get it running.

Problems like this are not unusual with Firefox on my laptop that runs Win XP/Tablet. Sometimes a "clean uninstall" is required, but not this time. No issues with 3.0.6 on my Win Vista computer.

There is a known bug in the portable version FireFox auto updater

http://portableapps.com/node/10338
    Reminder: Don't Auto-Update

We also wanted to remind everyone not to use the built in auto-updater with Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition due to an unfixed bug in the updater itself. As with all software in PortableApps.com Format, you can do an in-place upgrade (install the new version right over the old one) and all your data will be preserved. More here: Upgrading Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition and Bug 406335.
    The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
    - Marcus Aurelius ---------------------------------------- ------------- [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

14. Quote Originally Posted by Harry Hagan View Post
    Yep.......had a problem too. A message appeared saying Firefox would process the "upgrade" on next start-up. Firefox would not run or uninstall after 3.0.6 update and other problems started popping up too. Had to reboot computer four times before I could uninstall/reinstall Firefox 3.0.6 and get it running.

Problems like this are not unusual with Firefox on my laptop that runs Win XP/Tablet. Sometimes a "clean uninstall" is required, but not this time. No issues with 3.0.6 on my Win Vista computer.
    Had the same problem with every Firefox update ... and it was the Logitech webcam driver. I have to "exit" it from the taskbar before the update will go through.

Umm, nope.
    3.0.6 here.
    Seems to be woiking.
    Oh wankers, there goes speelceeker.