Thread: First crosscut sled done....

First crosscut sled done....

Hi everyone.
    This is my first jig for my table saw besides my outfeed/assembly table.
    This is from Shopnotes.
    I am really happy with it even though it took me awhile. A little bit of burning of the oak is visible. Also when I cut the kerf I cut too far in to the blade guard. I will fix that shortly.
    Cuts are dead on and it was pretty easy to build.
    Man Im really diggin buildin stuff.

Wishes-
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor

That's one of the nicer crosscut sleds I've seen... nice work

Thanks Blake.
    BTW its not from Shopnotes its from Wood magazines magazine on jigs, tools and shop organizers.
    Wishes-
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor

Very nice looking sled.

Got everything you need it looks like.

Now you have to use it.....

Interesting design. How did you square the fence to the blade? I don't see any adjustment possible. I know if I were building it I would get it wrong the first time

The extended saw kerf is a warning to watch the blade as it exits the back of the jig. Please keep your hands safe! Nice jig.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

The Incra miter bars are adjustable from the top. The additional holes visible are for adjustments with an allen wrench.
    I checked it several times with my Starrett square and its all good. Test cuts are good too.
    Wishes-

Nice work.
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Craig, Nice jig. I saw that issue and have been meaning to update mine. You'll really like how it simplifies and speeds up your cuts. + 1 on keeping an eye on hand placement and blade position. Nice jig, Craig

The slots in my outfeed table keep my sled from going to far forward and serve as a very easy slot.

The plastic guard is nice and it is considerably fancier than what I have.

It is a handy jig that you will like a lot. Good work.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Very nice, I really like the extended blade guard off the back side. I have to re-do mine (because for some reason it's now so tight it wont even slide) and I'm going to have to incorporate that element to my new sled.