Thread: Caution with new "Polars" Click Pen

Caution with new "Polars" Click Pen

Good day all,
    I have just finished the new Polaris Click pen kit from PSI. Below is the pen in Canary wood with a celtic knot in Walnut as a gift to a friend. When I had it all together, the writing tip was not extended to allow it to write. There is a 18.5mm brass tube included to "set" the mechanism nut in the tube. It turns out the the distance (at least in my kit) was closer to 22mm.
    I had ordered a couple of kits, good thing, because I had to use two of the brass tubes back to back in my press to get the perfect fit.
    It is a beauty of a kit,,,just beware of proper fitting of the ink cartridge.

Richard...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Really nice, glad you got it "fixed".

Pen looks great. Love the celtic knot with the 3 lines above setting it off.
    Billy

Thanks Billy.
    I always but three liine or burns in all my turnings...i tell people that it is easier that trying to write my name with the pen or bowl while the lathe is turning...
    Richard.

I'm wondering if the main tube was cut too long, and not caught at the factory. I made one of these recently for a friend, and I don't remember having trouble with the transmission. It sounds like a fluke.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.