Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe these will hurry up Spring

Maybe these will hurry up Spring

I made a couple of these barbeque basting brushes from the pig hair bristles you can get from craftsupplies. I was thinking that maybe if I went out on the patio, uncovered the grill, shook them in the air, and threw some Famous Dave's Devil Spit over my shoulder, it might just bring spring on a little faster. Maybe if all of you did it?
    The first one is black walnut, the second is english walnut.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It may be an early spring. The pussy willows have the silver showing, and I saw some Turkey Vultures (about a month earlier than normal. The swallows haven't shown up yet though. They are a true sign here.
    robo hippy

Not sure about speeding up spring but you have me hungry now!

Nice work Curt!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Nice work Curt! Another project to put on the list - thanks!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Somebody must have done a good spring dance. It was in the 60's here yesterday with more of the same today. I worked in the shop yesterday with the doors open, it was really nice, first time since October.
    Gary

"It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility and occupation which give happiness. " Thomas Jefferson

Dont wait for spring get out there and fire that grill up!! I grill all year round, I just cant stand the thought of cooking a nice chunk of beef any other way!!

The brushes look great, fun idea!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

I'm with Jim.

Grilling is a 12 month pastime here as well. Covered porch works to keep the rain or snow off and it is close to the front door.

Nice looking brushes.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Nice brushes, hope your method for early spring works. Did have pork chops on the grill last night. Got in the 40's yesterday and have heard a couple Robins last week.

Nice job. Now you have to put handles on the rest of the barbeque instruments!

Curt, Love the brushes!! Like Steve said, another project to put on the list!

Cookin on the grill as much as I can!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Agreed

Nice project. Have to agree with many others. If a piece of meat is on the menu, it's cooked on the grill at my house. Only way to roll

Great project Curt! Your post gave me a good laugh. No Devils spit here so I slopped a little Budweiser on the deck instead! Hope that it helps us all out...Bill..

Great looking project Curt. I saw 3 flocks of geese headed north last week so maybe.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Nice project! Are the bristles replaceable should they require it?

It was in the 50's here last week but this morning we had a hard frost. According to the "Offiical" weather forecaster in Pa, 5 more weeks and you'll get your wish Curt!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Nice work, Curt. Wish I had time to try some of those!

Thanks,

Bill