Thread: Grizzly Cyclone Noise reducer install - HELP!

Grizzly Cyclone Noise reducer install - HELP!

I recently acquired a 2hp Grizzly Cyclone (G0440). The cyclone had been purchased by someone else and partially assembled on the Grizzly stand but never run. The noise reducer was not installed. So following the instructions I tried to install the noise reducer but it is too close to the outlet i.e., too high, and I can not make the bend with the flex hose provided. If anyone out there has this cyclone and has installed the noise reducer I would greatly appreciate some help. Does the filter bracket have to be lowered?

Just did that today. yes the filter brackets can be lowered (2 bolts instead of three). also you should remove a length of the flex duct equal to the length of the muffler (about 5 1/2 inches). Shouldn't be any problem then.

Mike, I have the same collector and I did the same as Rick... works fine.

Rick and Gary, thanks. I will make this change when I get back in the shop later this week.

I ended up cutting the hose at the filter side a lot shorter. There's basically just enough left to get the hose and clamps on. I don't know how you would get the thing on there following the included instructions.

Michael, did you not lower the filter bracket? I tried not lowering the bracket and don't think that I can get the flex pipe to make that tight a bend.

Glad I found this thread. I've had the muffler sitting in a corner for awhile. When I went to install it, I had the same issue. However, my brackets cannot lower as the holes in the stand are not equal in distance. I guess I'll call Grizzly tomorrow.

...Bob

Let us know how it comes out. Mine is still sitting in the corner!

I installe dmine a few weeks ago, followed the directions and was able to get it on. The top hose piece does slope up then down though with a slight crimp so it's not ideal. Doesn't seem to hurt anything though and the muffler did make a fairly significant reduction to the sound level .

Blog Entries
    Like Chris, I also managed to get mine on. Unlike Chris, I feel that the benefit was not worth the effort; I really notice no difference in the sound. It may be there but, it is beyond my detection. In the muffler's defense, my cyclone stands right next to my tablesaw. The effects of the muffler may be greater for folks who are a bit farther from their beast ;-)

As to me, I'm glad it wasn't expensive. You can see it in this pic: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachme...6&d=1231303423
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 11-18-2009 at 10:13 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Well, mine is in a closet lined with glass insulation (walls and ceiling) to start with It is quieter, my wife noticed and says it's now non-objectionable upstairs which wasn't the case before the muffler...

Before I put the closet around it it was loud as hell, adding a muffler would make it slight less than loud as hell.