Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update (refund received)- Mike Morgan PA lumber

Update (refund received)- Mike Morgan PA lumber

Wanted to provide an update to the post from 1/29/2009.

I received a full refund ($383 postal money order) from Mike today along with several ash boards (will make some nice draws).

I want to thank Mike for addressing this issue and providing the refund. I would also to thank the board moderators for allowing the initial post.

Many Thanks!

After all of the bashing on that thread I am glad you came back and posted something positive. I hope Mike is on the road to getting his business back in solid shape.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Good to have an update. I wonder if anyone else got a refund?

Marshall, that's great news. I'm hoping that Mike can get his business back up and running. He was a good source for many people. It will be interesting to see if he's able to either repay or provide wood to the others he has orders from.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Gayton View Post
    Wanted to provide an update to the post from 1/29/2009.

I received a full refund ($383 postal money order) from Mike today along with several ash boards (will make some nice draws).

I want to thank Mike for addressing this issue and providing the refund. I would also to thank the board moderators for allowing the initial post.

Many Thanks!
    (will make some nice draws)???
    HUH??
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Torres View Post
    After all of the bashing on that thread I am glad you came back and posted something positive. I hope Mike is on the road to getting his business back in solid shape.
    I too am glad you posted, and also hope Mike can get things turned around. I spoke to him via email a few times, and it seems like he is a decent guy, just got in way over his head and made some very bad decisions.

And Bill, I think Marshall watches too much NYW
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill White View Post
    (will make some nice draws)???
    HUH??
    He means "drawers"...

OP, 'glad you got your refund.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I will share the common thought. Thanks for noting the refund, we can all complain, but we also need to recognize when a vendor stands up and does what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwain Lambrigger View Post
    I will share the common thought. Thanks for noting the refund, we can all complain, but we also need to recognize when a vendor stands up and does what is right.
    I want to share also. It's easy to get mad but harder to admit that your alright now. Hope Mike makes it.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

mike morgan

FWIW, I recently rec'd a delivery of cherry that Mike had promised me in Dec. 2008 to make-up for a problematic order of a year ago. Seems like he's trying to get things straightened out. John

Maybe there is some hope. I still have an outstanding order from October 2008. I too will post a follow-up if my order arrives.

I have gotten full refund of $166 USPS M/O from Mike for my order of 20 bd ft curly cherry. He also sent a couple of nice cherry boards with the refund. Hope Mike gets back to doing business.

Tim W

As all have said thanks for posting. I was disappointed to see such issues develop from relationships started on the Creek.
    I have never had the chance to order from Mike but he was on my list for when I had some time to build something.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

14. One more thing...

I hope we can get as long a thread of messages about Mike when he catches up as we did when he was messing up.

What Mike Morgan did to me and other patrons of Sawmill Creek was criminal and Mike should be punished and treated accordingly. Unfortunately, I doubt that will ever happen. Not only did I give him a $3500.00 interest free loan for 5 months, but I lost several nice jobs because of no lumber delivery as well as numerous days of work waiting for shipments that never showed up. I suffered a great deal of anxiety and frustration wondering if I would ever see my $3500.00 again let alone my order. I finally received my money only after a bad check and all the BS that went along with it. Anyway, just another one of those experiences that dilutes my faith in mankind. Mike, may justice be served to you someday.