Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first shopmade tools

Cyril and Wyatt thanks for the heads up on the swan neck being too long. I kind of figured that it was but I wanted to make sure I didn't bend too far forward and bend the part that the bit slides into. Well the next one will be better.

As far as wood goes, I live in a small town with woods all around here. Finding wood is not a problem. Not being lazy is. I still have some nice Maple and I think some Cherry outside under the snowdrifts.

Thanks again guys

Steve

Steve, you have a great AAW group in Duluth. Alan Lacer demoed last month, Jimmy Clewes, Mathew Hill, Alan Lacer last year. Superior Woodturners.

Thanks for the heads up George. I live about a hundred miles south of Superior. Too far for me to make the trip. I am closer to the Twin Cities but even that is about seventy miles or so. I work construction in the summers and I get WAY too much driving then. Well some day when I retire I may look more closely into a club...

Steve

Talking Beware the COUNTER-VORTEX!!!

You could be sucked right out of the turner's vortex into the world of "Which Quenchant Should This Sad, Pathetic, Helpless Newby Use to Harden O-1 Steel?"

I think that thread is running to five pages at this moment, and some flames are showing around the edges...

Georgia Custom Knifemakers Guild is a good place to avoid, as well as any forum that mentions "anvil" and "fire" in the same sentence.

So many neuroses, and a forum for each and every one!

Art