Thread: Mirror

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mirror

Hello Creekers!
    So here I am again stuck with yet again another Corel issue. I would like to replicate the attached on a mirror, but I'de like to engrave say the Blue parts, paint then do the red portions and paint. Any ideas on the best ways to proceed.
    Rgds
    Ray
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Rouleau View Post
    So here I am again stuck with yet again another Corel issue. I would like to replicate the attached on a mirror, but I'de like to engrave say the Blue parts, paint then do the red portions and paint. Any ideas on the best ways to proceed.
    I can't open the file in v10 to see, but if they are already colored, move the red to another layer then click "no print" send blue to the laser.Then swap No print for the layers and send red.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

The way Dave said is pretty much right if you are doing it on the back. That is how I would do it.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

If I was doing it, ungroup all. Collect all the blue together and group. Then all the red together and group.
    (Do the blue, first because the red is going to change colour and will not look as pure.)

I would suggest you use a spray can of both colours, make sure that they are compatible. However it will stink. You can use acylic paint and still get a good finish but no smell.
    So click on the blue group and choose 'selected', engrave and paint. Let it dry. Then choose red and engrave and the paint that, make sure you allow a slightly more powerful engrave on the red because you have to go through the blue overspray as well.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

That is just how I done it. I separated the graphic and painted it orange, then engraved the rest of the photo and painted black.
    I can't find the picture I took of it. This weekend I'll try to get the mirror from my son and take another picture. The attached picture is the original.
    The cute kid is my grandson.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Found the picture. This was a tricky one. Not only due to the multi-colors, but the mirror was very old and taken from their home during a renovation. It didn't laser very well. I offered to use a new mirror, but they wanted the nostalgia of something old reused in their home.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Ray, That was an easy one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tim
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Nice job Tim. Something that they will keep forever.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Thanks Tim, I see what you did, and your right that was pretty easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    Found the picture. This was a tricky one. Not only due to the multi-colors, but the mirror was very old and taken from their home during a renovation. It didn't laser very well. I offered to use a new mirror, but they wanted the nostalgia of something old reused in their home.
    Hi Tim!

Good job on the photo. I noticed that it looks like you might have forgotten to flip the picture prior to engraving on the back of the mirror. At least there was no text on the little guy's jersey, if so then it would've read backwards. I've done the same thing myself in the past and luckily it was a picture without any text so only someone with a sharp eye might have noticed the person's part in their hair would've looked like it had jumped to the other side of their head. Luckily it was for a relative.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...

Hey Mike, good to hear from you. You caught me. I did forget to flip it.
    Tim
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

what did you do to edit the picture? photograv? i have ver 2.11 and the materal you can select for it is limited are there settings you would recomend?
    epilog legendEXT 120watts 36x24, corel x4, ps cs3, photograv 2.11

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet.

I'm at my day-job, so I'm not sure what my settings were. I doubt I used PhotoGrav (not a fan).

I do recall that the settings for this mirror were more different then any other I've ever done. This was an old mirror that didn't laser well at all. I'm not sure, but I think some of the old mirrors have real metal in the back coating. A hammer and chisel would had been more efficient in this case.
    Tim
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

yes i was using the gold method to do all of my photos. so i started to play with mirror and some times its dark enough to go through the backing and sometimes its not at all. then i also have the problem where i lose the depth or demintion of the photo with glass so im a bit stuck
    epilog legendEXT 120watts 36x24, corel x4, ps cs3, photograv 2.11

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet.